Tried Fall Creek today

T
tljack
Thought I'd give FC a try as it is close and right now there are many skiers.

Saw a lot of fish on my fishfinder but darned if I could catch any. Tired trolling at different depths, speeds, lures, flashers etc. Then decided to try spin casting.................nothing.

I did get one hit trolling a wedding rig set up.

I can't complain though as I had a nice time.

1 nut in the water
That does not sound good as I am planning on taking a handicapped friend there on friday and am hoping to get him into some fish.
Did you try adding some bait to whatever you were trolling?

S
smarks
Went on a family bbq at the far end of Fall Creek on Sunday the 25th. Took the boat along just in case. Got a chance to go out on the water at around 1 in the afternoon. Took a couple of novices out and still managed ten fish in about 2 hours. One 17, a couple of 14's, a few tens and two eights. The hottest pole had nickel Les Davis bells, the smallest ones, and a red and green wedding band and a worm. It only got hot when I hooked it up to a down rigger and ran it at 12 feet. A second pole with a green sling blade and a custom green hoochie I made for kokes also caught some. Again at 12 twelve feet in a second down rigger. When cleaned the fish were full of shrimp and grass. The hottest time fishing was while some wave runners were running all around us. Perhaps the fish were just as annoyed and just need to take it out on something. A second trip out after eating, think 4 or so yielded not even a hit. Hope that helps.

1 nut in the water
Thanks smarks!
I have a couple rods set up with sling blades and gold dodger but have brought along some macks flashers as well.
Few hours at Fall crk and then run up to Odell for the evening bite.........

T
tljack
Sounds like my mistake was not using bait on my troll. Going to run up there again tomorrow afternoon when I finish my morning of shooting. Will use some worms and corn

1 nut in the water
Yes, tip with corn or worm.
We landed a dozen in a few hours and he was able to take his limit home. Some were quite small and nothing was over 12" but good times!
We used both a gold & silver dodger with home made wedding rings with hootchie tipped with tuna soaked corn. Early they were on top but after a few hours a 2 oz weight kept it going.

T
tljack
How fast were you trolling?

1 nut in the water
real slow. hang your gear off the side and watch the action before you send it off. Just need a good wobble from a dodger and enough speed to spin the blade on the spinner.

T
TTFishon
1 nut in the water said:
Yes, tip with corn or worm.
We landed a dozen in a few hours and he was able to take his limit home. Some were quite small and nothing was over 12" but good times!
We used both a gold & silver dodger with home made wedding rings with hootchie tipped with tuna soaked corn. Early they were on top but after a few hours a 2 oz weight kept it going.

You dork. You shoulda asked me and I would have told you where to go to get the 15 to 20 inchers. lol

T
tljack
My son and a couple of his friends went to FC day before yesterday. The fished the cove by the dam. Still fished from their boat with just worms and knocked them dead!