Trillium water temp

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Thinking of breaking out the tube for the first time this year and was curious if anyone had an idea of the water temp at Trillium right now?

I don't use neoprene waders so want to make sure I bring enough layers if the water was too cold.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Brrrrr! Early spring, high mountain lake....way too cold for me! It's probably doable if you're wearing fleece under your waders, maybe even a couple layers of fleece. Let us know how you do up there.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Appreciated and will do.

B
bagold53
Water temp was not bad with my waders on Friday, my feet were not freezing like I get on some snow melt rivers.. I had a couple of friends that were in shorts, but with the wind got to cold for them.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Appreciate the heads up.

T
troutmasta
Triilium is actually one of the warmer hood lakes. U should be fine. Now Harriet, that's another story.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
troutmasta said:
Triilium is actually one of the warmer hood lakes. U should be fine. Now Harriet, that's another story.

Yeah, I have experienced Harriet thinking it would be similar to Trillium. I still can't feel my toes. :)

Thank you for the heads up.

T
troutmasta
Its that way year round. one time I dropped a really expensive knife in about 10 feet of water from my float tube I could never go get it because it was too deep and cold and its still there today.