Usually a drifting log isn't a big deal...

M
mikeee2362
Went to Meldrum Bar for an afterwork plunking session. It's been real slow there for several weeks there according to the regulars, so I wasn't expecting much. I did manage to coax a few bites but missed them all. It did get exciting though. As I was getting ready to cast out after my third bite I heard a gnarly CRASH from the parking lot...I ran up there to find this... bu8uhe6e.jpg...lucky the guy wasn't in the car!!! Dude should go buy a lottery ticket.

E
eugene1
Dang, that sucks!

Was it windy there?

M
mikeee2362
eugene1 said:
Was it windy there?

It was dead still...the guys lady(I'd say 8 months pregnant) was emptying their trash so was not in the passenger seat. There was about a 4" thick branch jammed through that window. Coulda been her end if she was in that seat.

E
eugene1
Wow, that was a close call.

I remember fishing the McKenzie with a buddy a few years ago (we skunked for summer steel, btw). We got to the takeout ramp and he biked back to get the tow rig for the db. I was bankin' it and a GIANT limb from a cottonwood tree just spontaneously detached from the trunk and crashed in the water across the river from me. It was also a still wind day.

Made me think about standing or parking under big trees!

Best,

mikeee2362 said:
It was dead still...the guys lady(I'd say 8 months pregnant) was emptying their trash so was not in the passenger seat. There was about a 4" thick branch jammed through that window. Coulda been her end if she was in that seat.

C
chrisohm
Bites and no takes. Been my story recently plunking around that Gladstone/OC area...but I am happy that neither you or the vehicle's passengers were harmed. I think its time to sell that plunking rod of mine and stick to spinner fishing...and not parking under cottonwood trees...