Morning adventure tomorrow

B
Big3d
Hey everyone,

I will be hitting the lower clack in the morning. I was thinking I'd be at riverside around 630, I can fish for 4 hours and may or may not move around to high rocks and or cross park area. Anyone going out there want to meet up for a few. I will be using a bobber n jig. Hoping someone will be able to correct any bad habits I may have, or even just someone to fish with novice or seasoned. Let me know!

Matt

M
mikeee2362
Wish I could join ya!! Good luck out there!

E
eugene1
mikeee2362 said:
Wish I could join ya!! Good luck out there!

Me too!

Float fishing is good clean fun.

I tipped my jigs with a small chunk of raw prawn when fishing for summer-runs.

Good luck out there, 3d, and take some pics of the river!

Best,

B
Big3d
Will do, salad shrimp curing in pautzke for tippin!

Reactions: eugene1
D
dozer365
I know u said bobber. But hardware is getting hit right now. Copper or black or brass. 3-4 spinner fox size or 2/5 and 1/4 Cleo.
There is a good section for bobber down from boat launch among tree line. Right above down tree' on/in river.
I'll be out but not tell after work. Although it's getting light enough I could almost fish before my 6am start in Tigard. Leaves me 20 min of casting time.... Catch and release before work? I guy can dream can't he....
Hey thanx for the inspiration and good luck tomorrow.

B
Big3d
I currently don't have much hardware left after a previous riverbed donation day. I will throw any hardware I have, but that may be 20 minutes worth. Thanks for the tip. Looked like lots of promising water for every application there. Even plunkin' I will be testing out my new to me used waders so I may start above the launch in the riffle with hardware and work down to bobberville.

B
Big3d
And thanks for all the luck donations. Gonna make good use of 'em

B
bigboy70
good luck bud was out tonight and nada! but then I think anymore its cause I just suck lol

O
OnTheDrop
They're in there. I floated it yesterday and although the summers seemed to be scattered throughout, there's a handful in there. There is some good pods of Chinook around though. We managed one to the boat and missed a few others. Good luck,

D
DrTheopolis
SteelmonKiller20 said:
They're in there.

Yup.

Floated it Sunday, we had 2 takedowns on plugs, neither of which resulted in a hookup (usually not a problem on plugs). Hooked an unbelievably large summer on a spinner (must have been at least 15# -- biggest summer I've seen in many years, just a beast), which somehow got loose from halfway in the net next to the boat (also raely a problem for us, but was Sunday).

We did boat a fairly large pikeminnow, which crushed a K9x.

So, we had a little action, with nothing to show for it. But there's definitely fish in the Ficklemiss.

O
OnTheDrop
Good to hear! That's funny, we also caught the biggest Pikeminnow I've ever seen on a jig.

There was a nice pod of Nooks where we got bit all three passes through, but could only stick one, it was rough.

B
Big3d
Only fish I caught were a couple smolts. I lost a few more pieces of hardware. I fished mostly abouve the boat ramp today. I'll try again soon. Perhaps I'll get some more spinners before then.

T
troutmasta
Lost one Summer yesterday on a spoon... Landed two fat trout.
Its getting warmer.

D
dozer365
Saw a nice 10 pound summer caught tonight by a friend. Beautiful fish. I'll be out tomorrow chucking spoons.

C
ChezJfrey
dozer365 said:
Saw a nice 10 pound summer caught tonight by a friend. Beautiful fish. I'll be out tomorrow chucking spoons.

Closer to 11 ;)

Official weight = 10 lb., 15 oz.

M
mikeee2362
ChezJfrey said:
Closer to 11 ;)

Official weight = 10 lb., 15 oz.

Is that the actual on that pic you sent?? Wow it looked big, but that's awesome!

C
ChezJfrey
mikeee2362 said:
Is that the actual on that pic you sent?? Wow it looked big, but that's awesome!

Yeah, that last one from yesterday. It was a hefty summer.

B
Big3d
10 or 11, either way it's a fantastic fish! Anyone heading out at any point tomorrow, I have no idea what my day will bring, but hopefully I can spend a little time on the water

M
mikeee2362
Might try the lower Clack tomorrow after work. PM me your number.