Best trout spinning reel for under $80?

S
sapo
My reel is on its last legs and I am looking for a new one that will last me for a long time. Not looking for something expensive, but in your guys's opinion, what is the best spinning reel for trout in the $20-80 range. Which one has worked best for you? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

B
Big3d
I know some people don't like it but I have a few of the okuma stratus reels and I was able to use a pretty small reel for sturgeon just fine. Gear ratio is pleasant, although I don't remember what it is at the moment. Hope that helps.

G
grizzlynitemare
Okuma ignite reels are really good. I have had one for a few years now, on a 5'6 rod. It has landed me a lot of fish, and a few over 10lbs. The one I have holds appx 100 yds of 6# test, plenty for trout fishing. They are around $50, last time I checked.
Hope you find a good one that will land you as many fish as mine has for me.

F
FishFinger
I have found the Pflueger Trion 4730GX to be a great reel. My wife and I both use one for spinner fishing with our UL gear. $35.00 at Bi Mart

P
pez75
penn fierce 2000 is very smooth and very responsive. looking at $50 range.

T
TimberTodd
X2 on the Pflueger Trion. I own 2 of them and they work great. Fishermans has them on sale now.

S
sapo
Thanks for all the responses! I decided to go with an Okuma CS-25 reel for now, but after that is dead I'll consider the other options. Thanks!