Fallie time

M
metalfisher76
It`s fallie time! Not a lot of folks get excited about these feeshies and I`m not sure why. It`s the time of year you can boast not only numbers, but huge fish come from some of SW Washingtons lil streams.

We saw a few big `uns but didn`t even break the 20lb mark.
Last 1 to fill dads tag
fallies2011062.jpg

My 2nd
fallies2011057.jpg

Dad`s start to the fallie season
fallies2011054.jpg

The pile @ 10:47am
fallies2011065.jpg

Just thought you should know they are there. They can be very aggressive, contrary to some locals beliefs:rolleyes::confused:. And! I know I`ll die fishin for the cousin of the 62lb hen I saw with my own eyes in 2007.....I have to have 1.....not from AK.

Reactions: JeannaJigs
R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome fish, thanks for sharing the photos!

J
JeannaJigs
I particularly like the death pile!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Wow, nice haul!

N
ninja2010
as always, very encouraging and inspiring report. thank you, mf76.

S
skunk
Nice work guys!!

M
Mad dog
Nice fish!!!

H
halibuthitman
very nice!! Ive heard good things from a couple folks about the oregun side as well, gonna have to go have a look-

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! Assuming fly rod? Bet it was a blast.

M
metalfisher76
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice fish! Assuming fly rod? Bet it was a blast.

Yeah, we only carry spin rods for steel/ho`s a couple times a year. The crush of the spinner/spoon is the only thing that rivals the fight on the fly rod, to me that is. The camera is on the fritz so they are android pics and not great but I appreciate the kind words YO! They ALL hit something with a s-cosh of pink in it:) Even after the sun came up and was beating the water. I felt like I was steely feeshin except for the 12/10, not 10/8lb leader...

HHM- me too. Headed yerr way this weekend to change it up a bit. But really lookin forward to that first rain...

B
bigsteel
way to go damon,,looks like a productive day

A
Airs98
Thanks for sharing Damon! Yeah, we are all praying for the rain now. It's been almost like 2 long months w/o rain :)

M
meluvtrout
noyceee feeesh!~~~

S
skunk
metalfisher76 said:
Yeah, we only carry spin rods for steel/ho`s a couple times a year. The crush of the spinner/spoon is the only thing that rivals the fight on the fly rod, to me that is. The camera is on the fritz so they are android pics and not great but I appreciate the kind words YO! They ALL hit something with a s-cosh of pink in it:) Even after the sun came up and was beating the water. I felt like I was steely feeshin except for the 12/10, not 10/8lb leader...

HHM- me too. Headed yerr way this weekend to change it up a bit. But really lookin forward to that first rain...

Maybe that's why I'm losing the kings? Was using 8lb leader for steel, but kept getting kings and breaking off. I'll up size a bit next time then.