What do you do with these jerks?

M
montym
I was peacefully getting wet on the bank today, this guys comes and asks if he can fish besides me. Be my guest was my answer, and bang goes his line across mine. Both of us haul it in, no apologies. I go in first, and he goes across me again. I requested to look at his gear, advised him to add a little more weight and to cast overhead instead of casting at 3 o'clock. Answer was "I know what I am doing". Next cast, crossed me again. I shifted. I could have chucked him into the lake if I was a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier than I am, but unfortunately I am not.

What do you do with these jokers? I am new to the country, and not confident enough to tell him that I'll report him to someone.

I got my limit, he got skunked, first time I have felt happy on someone's failure.

Cheers
M

Chromatose
Chromatose
Rudeness knows no boundaries.
Keep doing what you did, out fish them and walk away with a smile on your face.

C
capblack
montym said:
I was peacefully getting wet on the bank today, this guys comes and asks if he can fish besides me. Be my guest was my answer, and bang goes his line across mine. Both of us haul it in, no apologies. I go in first, and he goes across me again. I requested to look at his gear, advised him to add a little more weight and to cast overhead instead of casting at 3 o'clock. Answer was "I know what I am doing". Next cast, crossed me again. I shifted. I could have chucked him into the lake if I was a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier than I am, but unfortunately I am not.

What do you do with these jokers? I am new to the country, and not confident enough to tell him that I'll report him to someone.

I got my limit, he got skunked, first time I have felt happy on someone's failure.

Cheers
M

you can either put up with them, or fish where there are none.

I
igquick
You did exactly what he didn't want you to do....out fish him with ease

Reactions: rogerdodger
C
chrisohm
Get a slingshot. Give him a moment to cast, get comfortable and start "hunting" nutria where he is fishing...:friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You handled it in the best way possible. I don't advocate violence, no matter how big and tough you might be. Walking away with fish and a smile speaks volumes. :thumb:

M
mikeee2362
You did it right, but you can suggest a good spot at least 50 feet away.

T
troutmasta
montym said:
What do you do with these jokers?
M

Be the bigger man. (By that I mean out fish him on his terms).

Well done!