Hey all you trout fishing addicts!!

R
rippin fish lips
So how was everyone's day of fishing on trout opener 2011!?!?
I want to see what you guys got for the people that were stuck at work :p

If you got pictures, please put them on this thread!!
Heck even if you don't have any pictures... Put a report of your day here!!! We all like reading others fishing reports!

M
Markcanby
ofc 012.jpg

Reactions: Yohan
R
rippin fish lips
Nice fish markcanby!! A fatty!

D
dabigbozman
very nice

Troutski
Troutski
Trout time..,.

Trout time..,.

PC220008.jpg
Remember my net is 44" wide....;):lol:

Chuck

Reactions: chris61182
N
nwkiller
lol my trout opener was a bass

M
markasd
Man you guys had a good day out there! Nice lookin' fish fellas..

S
SmallStreams
In search of new territory, I grabbed my faithful fishing buddies and we hit Mill Creek (Polk County) on Saturday morning followed by Little Luckiamute in the afternoon. Though we were the first to hit Mill Creek, by the time we left there were a number of others attempting their luck. Little Luckiamute had more bicycle riders than fishermen, but there was still a number of people getting their lines wet.

We saw no fish in Mill Creek from the bridge in the park up to the bridge beyond the gate (about 1-1.5 miles of stream). It was running very clear, not too fast. If there are fish in the stream, they're much higher upstream.

For the Little Luckiamute, we started at the gated bridge at Black Rock Creek (not the bicycle trail), above the church camp and worked downstream. One 7" fish caught in the riffles about halfway between the starting point and the church camp. Water was fairly clear. We then went downstream to the closed park and I caught & released a nicely spotted 8" cutthroat in the murkier water... stream must load up on sediment somewhere between the church camp and the park. I didn't see the first fish and the description my buddies gave wasn't too helpful in confirming species other than "trout-like" and not a brook or brown trout (LOL, usually they're better at id-ing the species! Based on the description, there's a very, very small possibility that it was a bull trout, which is why it's frustrating me that I didn't see it).

Both fish instantly struck spinners, so I'm convinced they were about the only fish in 2 miles of fishing. Never saw any followers like you see when there are numerous small fish.

Beautiful day, though! Water was warm enough that when I slipped and accidentally sat down in the Little Luckiamute, the cold water was not totally unpleasant and having soggy pants wasn't unpleasant.

Reactions: n8r1
F
fishfry
28 inch on Klamath Lake :)

N
nwkiller
Hell ya FF nice catch bro!

R
rippin fish lips
R
rippin fish lips
cmon guys we need more pics of your trouts!! this thread lay dead for some time now!! Trout/salmon/steel/any fish pics u got! We want to see them!!!

C_Run
C_Run
Here is a pic from this week. This was the maiden voyage of our kayaks on some tidewater over in Lincoln County. My wife does not fish so this was just kind of a drill to see how things would work out. I did bring my ultralight rods with the intent to release anything I caught. I caught this 13 inch fat searun on a small spoon. If I look appalled in the picture it is because I was. The fish was terribly gill hooked and spewed lots of blood all over me and the kayak in the first three seconds it was out of the water. It ended up bonked (appologies). What did I learn? I was overdressed and I better invest in a net because fishing from a boat is different from the bank.

M
Markcanby
gold 006.jpg

R
rippin fish lips
Still sounds like a good day despite the bleading out part =/ but it happens. thats a nice sea run tho!

R
rippin fish lips

pretty lookin trOUT love the colors! any more? i would post pics of mine, but i havent caught any trout photo friendly lately lol

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
16" and 17" Redbands, Crooked River

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
nice fatties no bad skunk! gotta love them 16 and 17 inchers! don't worry guys ig topics coming... just waiting on that nice trout to bite the end of my line!! i know there is some moreof you guys out there that have some pictures of some trout!! post them!! all you lurkers out there need to join and post!

R
rippin fish lips
So i had about 10 pics of some real dandy trout i have caught recently... i was planning on putting them up on here until i fell in a hole in the river while wading... yep i drowned my frickin phone!!! Dw guys ill get more pics here soon and get this thread really going!

C_Run
C_Run
Sorry about the phone. Our house got broken into last week and they ripped off my cameras- expecting some insurance money but went ahead and replaced it yesterday. Here is one trout picture from last month's second kayak voyage to tidewater. Hope that holds you over.