Canadian looking for help ...

C
CanadianSteel
Hi folks, looking for some steel fishing or salmon fishing in last two weeks of August when I visit friends. Willing to travel to find fish. I'm mainly a wading float fisher with lots of steel experience at home. I also swing flies on the spey rod. Is there opportunity to hook fish with the early runs from shore. If so what rivers or places would someone out of state start. Love to hook up with anyone who would like to enjoy a day out there. I do really well for steelhead and salmon in Canada and build my own rods and just a steelie but. Any help is very much appreciated...I don't even have a clue yet where I'm going...but well get a place to stay near productive water. I'm all catch and release BTW. Thank you so much.

Dave.

T
Toyracer38
Welcome aboard Dave. If you could narrow down, where abouts your friends live or where you will be staying, would help a lot. Lots of great water and summer action to be had in Oregon. Hope you enjoy your visit and get into some great fish!

E
eugene1
August is summer steelhead time, "eh".

Why not go to the world famous North Umpqua? Lots of big bruisers there that will take a fly.

Best,

C
CanadianSteel
Thanks for the welcome guys...found out the people we will be visiting for the last two weeks of August live in Ashland. I dont mind driving though so anywhere around that neck of the woods....ive been known to drive hours to fish the chrome rockets!!!

E
eugene1
Then look into the Rogue river and the Umpqua river.

Enjoy your trip,

CanadianSteel said:
Thanks for the welcome guys...found out the people we will be visiting for the last two weeks of August live in Ashland. I dont mind driving though so anywhere around that neck of the woods....ive been known to drive hours to fish the chrome rockets!!!

D
DrTheopolis
What Eugene said - you're in proximity to the two premier summer steelhead streams known to man.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Are you going to be Float fishing with a pin?