Good fishing

C
ckkoch09
I had a good trip to the lake last Sunday. We started picking up nice fish trolling shallow until the wind started blowing pretty hard. I hope to pick up where I left off this Sunday if the fish cooperate.

F
FishFinger
AHOY MATEY.... looking at the up coming forecast Sunday is the start of a nice change in the weather. Despite it being Mothers day, I think I'll be joining you on the reservoir.

C
ckkoch09
It does look like a good day tomorrow. I worked the angle of the kids doing a picnic lunch on the water with their mom. Now I can go early to fish and they will meet me up there when it's warm outside. This way every one wins.

F
FishFinger
How was your outing?

I arrived a bit after 7:00 am. A little icy at first but the day turned out beautiful.

I went east long lining a rapala and the quint essential wedding. Nothing on the swim bait, but did manage to hook a 16.5" on the WR.

I dug through my lures and remembered Troutski mentioning a "golden spoon" a few years back; low and behold in the bottom of my tackle box.... a golden aqua spoon!

I tied it on and ran that on my second rod. Maybe 20 mins later something crushed the spoon, buried the rod tip and stripped off another 100' of line. The rod was in the holder behind me, it was the screaming drag that got my attention. As I lifted the rod from the holder, the fish broke the surface and just like that... It was off.

I checked the hook and discovered the point had snapped off, leaving the hook dull and blunt.

The small rust deposits suggest it was damaged before I ever hooked it up, an epic case of operator error breaking the first rule; making sure the hooks are sticky sharp.

Although I kept the spoon swimming for the balance of the morning, I didn't hook into any others.

T
twout
I luv fishing this body of water.

C
ckkoch09
We got on the water about 745. I trolled from the the no wake zone down the south shore line towards the floating bathroom. I hooked one 14" rainbow on a red wedding ring and worm. We did manage to loose 2 more on the north shore line between the ramp and tha dam around 10. That pretty much was it, we fished until 12 without another strike. It was pretty slow and the other guys I talked with said they had the same luck.

B
bagold53
That first Pic cracks me up. looks like the fishes thoughts were "Ohhh Darnit, Not again."