Sam Kennedy shows how to Flip The Bird

F
Flipinthebird
Hi all,
Like many of you Sam Kennedy (inventor of the Flip In The Bird Lure) fishes his local lakes and fisheries. Times are tight, and staying local affords him to stay close to working his Day job, (roofing) giving him time to fish as much as he can.

Recently Sam was contacted by a couple young anglers who wanted to know more about his lure. So Sam Invited them out to fish his local lakes with him to show them first hand how to Flip The Bird, this is the video they made for us after that day.

These Young men are good to the core, and we really appreciated there inspiration, excitement, and fun they had with us that day. Good to know not all the youth of America are getting fat watching Video games all day! Thanks PS the first person to land a 10 pounder on his lure will win 500 bucks! Highlight this link to check it out

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Flipinthebird said:
Hi all,
Like many of you Sam Kennedy (inventor of the Flip In The Bird Lure) fishes his local lakes and fisheries. Times are tight, and staying local affords him to stay close to working his Day job, (roofing) giving him time to fish as much as he can.

Recently Sam was contacted by a couple young anglers who wanted to know more about his lure. So Sam Invited them out to fish his local lakes with him to show them first hand how to Flip The Bird, this is the video they made for us after that day.

These Young men are good to the core, and we really appreciated there inspiration, excitement, and fun they had with us that day. Good to know not all the youth of America are getting fat watching Video games all day! Thanks PS the first person to land a 10 pounder on his lure will win 500 bucks! Highlight this link to check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbmwSDH9UaA&feature=player_profilepage

ok....... lol.

T
tomriker
where can i get one of those? i think it'd be awesome down at my pond!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
where can i get one of those? i think it'd be awesome down at my pond!

There is a link on the first thread he did to them.

B
beaverfan
Flipinthebird said:
Hi all,

These Young men are good to the core, and we really appreciated there inspiration, excitement, and fun they had with us that day. Good to know not all the youth of America are getting fat watching Video games all day! Thanks PS the first person to land a 10 pounder on his lure will win 500 bucks! Highlight this link to check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbmwSDH9UaA&feature=player_profilepage

In my experience those that go out of their way to boast about good deeds have alterior motives. This AD belongs in the sell section, it's obvious this thread was started to promote his business!

T
tomriker
oh well

T
tomriker
Finneus Polebender said:
There is a link on the first thread he did to them.

its just a youtube link isn't it?

troutdude
troutdude
beaverfan said:
In my experience those that go out of their way to boast about good deeds have alterior motives. This AD belongs in the sell section, it's obvious this thread was started to promote his business!

X2. That's exactly how I have felt about both of his posts. I do wish that such peeps would read the forum rules; and then abide by them.

Furthermore, no matter how good such a "product" is...I never have and never will buy that product. Their ethics are in question, in my book.

T
tomriker
troutdude said:
X2. That's exactly how I have felt about both of his posts. I do wish that such peeps would read the forum rules; and then abide by them.

Furthermore, no matter how good such a "product" is...I never have and never will buy that product. Their ethics are in question, in my book.

so you won't buy their product because they posted in the wrong forum?:lol::lol::lol:

T
TTFishon
Have you ordered any yet TR? I'm with you.....I think that lure would work great at your place!

troutdude
troutdude
tomriker said:
so you won't buy their product because they posted in the wrong forum?:lol::lol::lol:

No, not because of that. Because of misguided ethics. And I don't like sales pitches on here...do you?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oops. My bird pushed the ban button.

I personally think it was one the better spams we have gotten. Troutdude has no sense of humor when it comes to our youth. :D

troutdude
troutdude
My sense of humor ails not my friend.

I simply find no humor in blaring sales pitches, or in peeps that don't read the rules (or don't care).

And it I had to guess; I'd say that Sam Kennedy himself wrote the original pitch. Whoops...guess this bird peeped too many times! :shock: :shock: :shock:

D
Drew9870
X3!

Chances are, if you see a Bass lure being advertised in a video while being able to see it ''in action'', they are using it in an area infested with Bass, like a private pond. I know of a couple private ponds where you can watch the fish not even examine your lure, they just see the splash from the lure along with it darting, could be bright orange Powerbait :lol:, they would nail it.

T
TTFishon
It's funny how it's not ok to post a video of a product you're trying to sell in use but it's ok to post a thread about how good the ocean fishing has been along with pics and at the bottom of the post is the name of your Charter. To me it's the same thing but no one said a damn thing about Gringo John. lol

Reactions: colbypearson
D
Drew9870
:lol:, I totally understand, but I guess that's ''different'' sometimes ;).

They only have one intention in their posts, some people just can't see it, whether they know them personally or not.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
TTFishon said:
It's funny how it's not ok to post a video of a product you're trying to sell in use but it's ok to post a thread about how good the ocean fishing has been along with pics and at the bottom of the post is the name of your Charter. To me it's the same thing but no one said a damn thing about Gringo John. lol

The main difference is Amberjack pays to advertise here.

T
tomriker
Drew9870 said:
X3!

Chances are, if you see a Bass lure being advertised in a video while being able to see it ''in action'', they are using it in an area infested with Bass, like a private pond. I know of a couple private ponds where you can watch the fish not even examine your lure, they just see the splash from the lure along with it darting, could be bright orange Powerbait :lol:, they would nail it.

wish i knew a private pond like that :confused:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
While the content of Amberjack's posts do come from commercial outings, they are still posts pertinent to the conditions of a fishery many people on the site fish frequently. In that respect, they are very beneficial to the site. That is very different from posts like this.

To say that Amberjack pays to advertise here, thereby allowing him to submit these posts I don't think is entirely accurate. He has donated to the forum, so Anatoliy places his logo on the banner. Considering that the only content of his other than the banner are the types of reports that are allowed to be submitted by all types of users, business owners or not, that some pretty spendy ad space.

C
colbypearson
LOL! its funny flip the bird is a legit company/new lure no doubt was the intention to sell/spread the word but they arent hardcore spammers haha. Most of their posts on other forums i have seen are similar natured kindof all in your face, and then where to buy type of deal but i do think they would have used their membership here in the future similar to some of the other companies on here to post new baits, designs ideas etc... but who knows

oh on second thought im not kidding i know the maker of that video very well since i have watched it, i do not think it was intentional spamming, he worked hard to make that video and he is trying to represent and help one of his new sponsors, its a smallish company just starting out. I think the O.P is someone i know pretty well it was not properly posted but i also dont think it should be considered spam. its fishing related im sure most of the people here would enjoy watching some of the content in the video and im sure FP, myself ,Darthbeans, Melly Bait, TR, ryan808, and maybe more would be interested in a bait like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew9870