Report from Sauvie Island

M
mikeee2362
I went to Willow Bar for extension day 1 on the Columbia. All I got was Bored... There were about 20 other rods on the bank within 200 yards or so, so it wasn't crowded at all. I counted about 5 or 6 boats making the circuit in front of the bar so again not too many takers. The (very cute) fish counter gal said she had heard of two bell ringers on that section of beach (around 11 am) but no fish were landed. I didn't see any nets fly out in front of me either. Sure thought it would have been a little better as there was no pressure for a few weeks. Anyone else do any better? I'm wondering whether to try it again tomorrow?

C
chrisohm
It was good to hear from you today and sorry lady luck was off in some dark back alley swinging tricks rather than smiling upon your fishing journey. Next time! Actually, next time let me know, the car is fixed and happy....

T
Toyracer38
I got down to Dibbs right at low tide. Heard a few Springers had been caught earlier. Only stayed for two hours and heard two bells, but no hookups. Decided to try a beach over in Kalama. I missed a good bite & caught a Native Jack. Guy just below me caught a cookie cutter. That was the only action I saw before I left at 5pm.

M
mikeee2362
...Guess I'm gonna watch kids soccer today.

T
Toyracer38
Good thing you didn't head to Dibbs. Was there 6:00 - 9:30. Only heard one bell ringer, and the guy lost the fish.