Siete De Mayo

T
Throbbit _Shane
Was a nice day on the 7th so I made it up to my favorite little local lake. Was the only one fishing all day except for a bankie who didn't stay long. Gotta love those times when you have a public fishing spot to yourself. Only fished for trout on this trip, probably should of thrown a senko around for some bass but wasn't really feeling it. Trolled two lures, I should of changed the Rapala out at some point because it wasn't getting hit near as much as the Thomas Buyoant spoon was. I'm terrible at counting how many fish I catch but id say atleast 15 scrappy little cutties came to the pontoon. Biggest one spit the hook when it jumped, looked to be around 15" or so. Most of the trout are on the small side here and its not stocked so I release all of them back. Still lots of fun with a UL rod. Only bummer of the day was watching my cheap POS phone fall to the bottom of the lake while music was playing on it. All I could do was laugh while watching it fall. I had it sitting in my cup holder along with my pliers and when I grabbed the pliers my phone decided that it liked the gripping on the handle and in it went! lol.

100_1983.jpg100_1966.jpg100_1971.jpg100_1980.jpg100_1993.jpg100_1992.jpg100_1995.jpg

Tight Lines!

Reactions: bass
E
eugene1
Great looking fish Shane, and a nice day as well!

You might consider changing out the trebles for a single, just an idea.

Anyway, the stump pic was pretty cool.

Best,

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fishing and catching in peaceful solitude is every fishing person's dream. Losing a phone, not so much. Congrats on the fish! :hi:

H
hydropsyche
Bueno troutbajo amigo!

hobster
hobster
eugene1 said:
Great looking fish Shane, and a nice day as well!

You might consider changing out the trebles for a single, just an idea.

Anyway, the stump pic was pretty cool.

Best,

I've heard that there is a higher mortality rate among fish when using a single siwash hook because they are longer and hook the fish deeper in the throats. I've pretty much switched all my steelhead spinners/spoons to singles, but the places I fish there a very few natives so I'm tryin" to kill them anyway :D. Nice fish, looks like a fun day (except loosing the phone of course).

J
JeannaJigs
It's not like you used that phone much anyway ;) lol still sucks though.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
on the bright side, at least it was a cheap POS phone that you watched disappear into the depths and not a brand new Smarty phone...

bass
bass
Thanks for the report, sounds like an awesome day (except for the phone). Do you have problems with tangles when trolling multiple lures from your toon? Do you keep them at different depths to help reduce tangles?

T
Throbbit _Shane
bass said:
Thanks for the report, sounds like an awesome day (except for the phone). Do you have problems with tangles when trolling multiple lures from your toon? Do you keep them at different depths to help reduce tangles?

I usually have no problems trolling two lures. Some times the wind can make it a little difficult also if the lake isn't very deep it can be a bit harder as well. Trolling a fly along with a conventional lure can be difficult at times too but I havent been doing that much lately.

Trolling 3 or 4 lines in a regular boat is much harder then two in a single man pontoon in my opinion.