Salmon on the Deschutes...hehe

L
lilsalmon
I was talking to a woman at work about fly fishing and I told her I was going to the Deschutes for the salmonfly hatch....she said she loves fishing for salmon....I just let it go and didn't say a word.

deschutes salmonfly hatch.jpg

Hope to see a lot of these...WOOT WOOT!!!

J
JeannaJigs
Hey I love salmon fishing.

TWO WEEKS.

Hope the bugs are out in abundance. There is no other stream on earth id trade for a salmonfly hatch on the D.

And then I'll get back to those salmon when I return.

T
troutmasta
Caught a salmon at the mouth of the D last week. Does it Count?..

L
lilsalmon
hey, I got my first salmon last year....I had fun and enjoyed it and it wasn't on a fly......plan on getting more this year hopefully....ain't nothing wrong with salmon fishing.

H
hydropsyche
They are already hatching on the middle around lower bridge down probly up high too around bend. My goal this year however is to catch a salmon on a fly on the D only chrome counts. I usually fish EHC's , PMD's or BWO's during the salmon fly hatch and catch more than I do on salmon flies but the violent take on a salmon fly is up there with swinging for steel. As always nymphing will out produce any method red zebra midges, green rock worms, hairs ears and golden stones are my go to nymphs year round they all catch steelhead too.

Reactions: lilsalmon
J
JonT
Went north of Maupin last Thursday. Saw a surprising number of salmon flies, but couldn't get a redside to come up yet. Better luck this week. I'll be hitting it hard all month if anyone wants to join me.

Reactions: lilsalmon