Bankies doing ok

M
mikeee2362
Went for a little plunking session at Meldrum Bar Monday, although I didn't get one, 6 others did. I guess the Alvins and K-lures were gettin'er done. The spin and glows with a tuna ball still works too... for more than just Salmon.
10340310_650427325040224_1779083406_o.jpg

10332907_650356921713931_1755864617_o.jpg

Last edited:
T
Toyracer38
If ya haven't heard, the Columbia opens up Fri & Sat. Hope the Nook's have moved back in closer to the bank. Nets went in today, so Fri will probably be dead!

W
waco
Nice report Mike!!

I
igquick
Nice post!

Hey I was wondering what kind of equipment you were using in terms of rod, reel, mainline, leader strength, weight, and what type of swivels?

M
mikeee2362
I got a cheapo sort of deal going, with a 12' ugly stitck with a Penn Fierce 6000 series. It's spooled with 50# Power Pro. It will double nicely for sturgeon. I use heavy swivels Like the 80 pounders with a big bead before it tied to the main if I'm going to slide a k15 or something down after setting my line out. But I have been using spreaders with a scent chamber and heavy leader material 30-50 # mono (tangles less and spin and glows spin better, plus Chinook don't care if you go heavy I'm told). I use 2/0 hooks and #2 or 4 s&g's in front of a couple beads with a little yarn, and goob it up with some annise krill scent. I anchor with 10-12oz lead in the Willy or 8 on the Columbia. I fought several fish on this set-up but haven't actually flopped one on the shore yet....today is that day(knock wood) I'm fishing on Sauvie Island for the extension.

I
igquick
I want to get a 10 foot fishing rod and a reel with 50 lb line setup. Where can I get stuff like this at its cheapest?

I am kind of a newbie when it comes to these weird bait reels, salt water reels, etc

M
mikeee2362
You can get the setup I have spooled up with 50# powerpro for around 150 bucks at Dick's, or the exact same setup at Fisherman's for about 180 lol.

You will find more of the little stuff at Fisherman's but I can't say they are the cheapest.

Last edited:
T
Toyracer38
X2 for Ugly Stick. Also check garage sales and Craigslist. My old 10' Ugly Stick was bought at a garage sale for like $10. Landed a lot of fish with it. Replaced it with a 12' Ugly Stick last year.