Big mirrored today

G
Green Punkin
got him on bread which he slurped on the surface. 17-20 pounds photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Reactions: igquick and Admin
L
LuckyFisher
Is that Starker Pond? Are you allowed to fish there?

G
Green Punkin
Yep. That's the biggest fish in there. Other than that, there's some hawg bass, big bluegill and a decent 10 or so pound common carp

G
Green Punkin
There's at least a few 6+ lb bass in there, but they're awful hook shy.

M
mikeee2362
Wow nice one! Crazy scale pattern on that guy.

bass
bass
Great job! Thanks for sharing.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Really nice Carp!! Way to go.

Admin
Admin
It's huge!

T
Toyracer38
Great job! Never seen one before. Thanks for sharing.

I
igquick
holy carp that's amazing! Im so jelly right now.

I heard for Oregon, a mirror carp is about a 1 in 500 commons.

If you want I could flip your photo lol

G
Green Punkin
Thanks everyone! I'm not at all an experienced carp guy, the opportunity just presented itself. Had no idea that mirrors were so rare! I loved the fight, it's always heart pounding to get a big un on 8 pound line :thumb: I'm gonna string up a bit heavier and head over to fisher island with some t- turns and a surface rig. I've seen carp that could eat mine in there.

G
Green Punkin
igquick said:
holy carp that's amazing! Im so jelly right now.

I heard for Oregon, a mirror carp is about a 1 in 500 commons.

If you want I could flip your photo lol

Go for it haha i flipped it before i uploaded but i guess it forgot how to be rotated

troutdude
troutdude
Nice fish! I've never seen one of those before either. Well done.

BTW, I believe that the Chambers family owns Fisher Island. If I'm not mistaken, all of their land is private property (i.e. "No Trespassing"). So, please proceed with caution. I wouldn't want to see you, get into any trouble.

G
Green Punkin
Not on the island itself, just that main pound next to 34. Do they own that?

troutdude
troutdude
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Knife River owns the property around that pond. I've heard that it's also a "no trespassing" zone. But, I've seen people fishing there? On the other hand--maybe they got caught, and had to pay a hefty fine for trespassing. I'd suggest making a phone call, to Knife River, and find out for sure.

T
troutmasta
what a pretty fish

G
Green Punkin
I've fished it and a few friends of mine have before. We saw few people there as well. The no trespassing signs only begin once you start going down the road to the west of the pond or once you get to the northern tip of it. the rest isn't posted

troutdude
troutdude
OK. That's cool.

BTW, that pond has a decades-old landfill along the SW corner and western shoreline. I saw some dead 'gills floating in there, in the late 70's. My cousin and I, were floating in inner tubes. When I saw those dead fish--and the layers of trash poking out--we headed to shore and never went back in again. So, I would caution to not eat any of your catch.

G
Green Punkin
Cleve.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Rotfl! Ding ding!