Broadheads

P
Perry
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......................................

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Mechanical broadheads are not legal in oregon, but thanks for the review.

P
Perry
RunWithSasquatch said:
Mechanical broadheads are not legal in oregon, but thanks for the review.

I didn't know that. Im from NC.

T
troutfisherman
since i just got into bowhunting i dnt really have a fav. broadhead yet but the first ones im ganna try out are the muzzy mx3 and i just decided to buy the mx4s so yeah i didn't try and found out what one i like the most ! any thoughts on what u guys like the most or better ? mx3s or mx4s ??

P
Perry
troutfisherman said:
since i just got into bowhunting i dnt really have a fav. broadhead yet but the first ones im ganna try out are the muzzy mx3 and i just decided to buy the mx4s so yeah i didn't try and found out what one i like the most ! any thoughts on what u guys like the most or better ? mx3s or mx4s ??

I recently picked up a a couple of packs of the mx4 to try. I have heard good things about the muzzys and the slick tricks.

J
juggernaut506
I'm a firm believer that the 2 blade broadheads are the best. Easier penetration=More penetration. Check out the Helix broadhead. A good friend of mine is buddies with Tim Strickland and helped him develop it so I got to check out the prototypes.

D
DB Crouper
In 46 years of bow hunting I've shot 2 blade Bear with bleeder inserts, Savorrahs, Satellites, Kolpin offset 3 and 4 blade, Razorback 5s, Razorback 4s, Razorback 3s, Thunderheads, Muzzy standard 3 blade, Muzzy standard 4 blade, Crossfires, and today I shoot standard 4 blade Slick Tricks. Every time I've made a good shot placement with any of the above I have killed the deer or elk (60 +/- kills). The best flying of the above were the Razorbacks (because they spin on the ferrule and don't plane in the wind). They quit making the Razorbacks several years ago, and I have found that the Slick Tricks fly identically to my field points, and do huge damage. Check out the deer I shot last week. That damage in the chest is the exit hole of a Slick Trick from 50 yards. The deer ran 8 yards and piled up dead.

• Dad's Deer.jpg
T
troutfisherman
do u have to order the slick tricks online or can u buy them in a store of some kind lol

D
DB Crouper
troutfisherman said:
do u have to order the slick tricks online or can u buy them in a store of some kind lol

Most bow shops and Cabelas should sell them. I would research them on the internet. The standard 1" 4 blade 100 grain are my choice, but they make Magnums, which are wider, and cut on contact Grizz Tricks. The standards fly like a practice tip out of my bow. That, to me, is the most important aspect of a broadhead. All decent heads will cut and kill game, with proper shot placement.

J
joesnuffy
congrats on the deer.

I'm not even sure what broadheads i use anymore. I bought a ton of them about 5 years ago and still have a bunch left. of course the labeling is all gone too :(

I know they quit making them so once these run out I'll need to find my next broadhead. I with the mechanicals were legal hear.

Back to hunting in about 5 hrs :p

T
troutfisherman
DB Crouper said:
Most bow shops and Cabelas should sell them. I would research them on the internet. The standard 1" 4 blade 100 grain are my choice, but they make Magnums, which are wider, and cut on contact Grizz Tricks. The standards fly like a practice tip out of my bow. That, to me, is the most important aspect of a broadhead. All decent heads will cut and kill game, with proper shot placement.

sweet I shall look into buying me a pack and see how well they fly in my Hoyt rampage xt !

T
troutfisherman
joesnuffy said:
congrats on the deer.

I'm not even sure what broadheads i use anymore. I bought a ton of them about 5 years ago and still have a bunch left. of course the labeling is all gone too :(

I know they quit making them so once these run out I'll need to find my next broadhead. I with the mechanicals were legal hear.

Back to hunting in about 5 hrs :p

You knw what u can do wit all your broadheads !! Mail some to me and I'll tell u how they all fly lol jkjk

B
bendflyguy
Slick Tricks! I'm yet to kill anything with them, but I was sitting right behind my brother when he dropped his elk with a slick trick. He went 10 yards and piled up. And they fly great.

D
Derek
I use Rocky Mountin Blitz's the only crappy thing is since Rage bought them out thy don't make them anymore but the Bow Rack and Bowtech have a pretty good supply of them still I stock up on them when I can.