Bass in and around Salem/Keizer?

H
HRxPaperStacks
Where are some good spots to target bass in and around the salem/keizer area? I know about st. louis ponds, but I'm looking for a place to kill an hour or 2 between end of work and night time. I work in Salem.

H
HereFishy
I've seen people targeting bass at Minto Brown and Walling. I've never tried myself. Seen a few landed at Minto though. The guy was flipping a chartreuse buzz bait. At Walling I've only seen people using plastics. Those are the only places IN Salem that I know of for bass. The Willamette has to have a few good holes as well. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Kyle

H
HRxPaperStacks
Thanks for the advise! Makes me wish I had my bass stuff right now to go tonight. ;) I love fishing with buzzbaits.

H
HereFishy
If you're looking for a spot a little farther north, Keizer Rapids Park and the Wheatland ferry boat ramp (both in Keizer) might be worth checking out. I've never fished for bass at either location. Nor have I seen people fishing for bass. But on multiple occasions at each location, I've looked at the water and said to myself "there HAS to be bass here".

T
TJR_84
Wheatland ferry is a good spot Also Willamette mission state park has a good slough with monsters.

H
HRxPaperStacks
Sweet thanks guys! Those are a little out of my way for after work, but I'm gonna have to check those out. I'm gonna check out no to brown tomorrow

bass
bass
TJR_84 said:
Wheatland ferry is a good spot Also Willamette mission state park has a good slough with monsters.

I have looked at that slough on google maps a bunch of times but I have never gone fishing there. Does it have a good panfish population in addition to bass? It looks like it would be a fun place to take my son out in tandem.

M
Modest_Man
(5) black crappie
(20) bluegill
(10) chiselmouth
(33) common carp
(1) pacific lamprey
(48) largemouth bass
(19) largescale suckers
(11) mosquitofish (Gambusia)
(18) pikeminnow
(29) peamouth
(15) prickly sculpin
(16) pumpkinseed
(11) redside shiners
(1) smallmouth bass
(19) yellow perch

:blushing:

I've gotta run to work but I'll post what we got over by Minto Brown later. From what I remember lots of large smallmouth.

G
Green Punkin
Give Bluegill Lake a try. It's right next to Walter Wirth. Nobody touches it. Bring waders, a boat, or a chainsaw ;)