Fall fishing in the Sisters area?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I have never really fished the area and am looking forward to exploring more this fall. I have read through some of the threads for this unique part of Oregon and there is some great info. My time will be limited and I am hoping for your guidance on finding some memories that must be waiting for me over there. Any info,not your honey holes,will be appreciated. I will be bank fishing even though I have waders. I don't get seasick unless I'm standing in the water and look down...:doh: I just can't seem to stay upright in those things...:rolleyes: :wall: :lol: :lol: Go ahead,laugh...I do.
Thanks y'all.

B
bigsteel
barb,you need to definitely check out the metolius river,,from the headwaters you can see the water bubbling up from the ground.as well as great scenery and great access,,not to mention big trout

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
bigsteel said:
barb,you need to definitely check out the metolius river,,from the headwaters you can see the water bubbling up from the ground.as well as great scenery and great access,,not to mention big trout

Thanks,Dave. Sounds like a perfect starting place. How is the camping around there in the fall? Just in case....lol

B
bigsteel
camping is great,once you get past the camp sherman store there are campgrounds roughly every 3 or 4 miles all the way to the 99 bridge,,,i like it in fall cause all the kids are back in school and the whole river is remote except for a few anglers..

L
lilsalmon
Passport not needed.....:lol::lol::lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
lilsalmon said:
Passport not needed.....:lol::lol::lol:

But...I have mine...do you have yours yet? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol:

O
OnTheFly
Ah..the Metolius. What a fishing paradise! Barb, Dave is diplaying a metolius redside in his avatar from last Novembers trip. We had the place to ourselves. Also, if you wanted to fish a lake, try Three Creeks lake. I've heard it's good and scenic there as well. Drive to the end of road 16 in Sisters and you'll find the lake back in the Sisters wilderness area.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Awesome info,thanks!!

L
lilsalmon
Raincatcher said:
Awesome info,thanks!!

When we going...hehe coffee by the fire in the morning....yesssss

R
RunWithSasquatch
Kokanee should be pulling up in there too spawn, big waves of red fish.

C
chromedome123
Black Butte Motel

Black Butte Motel

If you did not want to camp there is a small but very comfortable motel in Camp Sherman called the Black Butte Motel. There are six rooms, three with double beds and three with king-sized beds. Very comfortable. And the king-sized beds are in kitchenettes. $75.00 a night for the double beds and $85.00 a night for the kings.

M
Metoman
OnTheFly said:
Ah..the Metolius. What a fishing paradise! Barb, Dave is diplaying a metolius redside in his avatar from last Novembers trip. We had the place to ourselves. Also, if you wanted to fish a lake, try Three Creeks lake. I've heard it's good and scenic there as well. Drive to the end of road 16 in Sisters and you'll find the lake back in the Sisters wilderness area.

I too, am displaying one of those rivers beauties!

Raincatcher- The place is gorgeous as mentioned. However, its not the most fishing friendly of rivers if your new to fly. Definitely need waders. Have fun with whatever you decide. Tree creeks ain't bad either!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Metoman said:
I too, am displaying one of those rivers beauties!

Raincatcher- The place is gorgeous as mentioned. However, its not the most fishing friendly of rivers if your new to fly. Definitely need waders. Have fun with whatever you decide. Tree creeks ain't bad either!

Thanks,Metoman. With all the advice and info I just may have to woman up and put the waders on...:lol::lol:

S
skunk
I'll be there for a week starting the 19th. I'll be at... :) the metolius, 3 Creek lakes, big D, fall river and I'm trying to finagale Paulina lake with the toon. I love that area. Another good place, no people, small fish, but lots of them is Tumalo Creek, out of Bend. I really like this little creek.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Woohoo! :dance: Thanks,that sounds like a full week of great times. :D Keep 'em comin'!! :clap: :clap:

S
Sinkline

Last edited: