Siuslaw guide service??

S
stanster
I am a relatively new residient of Oregon and have finally passed the six month mark, enabling me to get my resident fishing license. This was a LONG darned wait, but I do things legally. I am an experienced salt water fisherman from Southern California, but am basically clueless on pacific northwest river fishing. The best way to learn something is to hook up with someone smarter than oneself and learn from them.

Can any of you you recomend a good guide, familiar with the Siuslaw who knows how to teach a rookie how to catch salmon? I would be real interested in going out for Coho after Septemeber 15th.

Thanks

D
DYJ
I am goin with a guy name Nick Frank on the 10th. He is a freind of a friend and we are gettin a hell of a deal. From his FB page it looks like he knows the Siuslaw. 11 fish in three days last weekend. I could get his number if you interested in lookin into him, or wait till the 11th and I'll know for sure how good he is. ;)

D
DYJ
From his page

Description Let's go fishing!
I am a licensed fishing guide offering service on the Siuslaw and Columbia River system. I specialize in Chinkook, Coho, and Sturgeon.
My photo's are a testimate to the fun and excitement to be had when you land one of these beautful fish, and take part in one of Oregon's finest natural attractions.

For pricing and reservations please give me a call
Address 3312 gateway st., Springfield, OR 97477 · Get Directions
Phone 541-915-0337

Tell him Derrick refered ya if you call.... might not get a deal but maybe I will the next go around :lol:

Reactions: bigsteel
M
Mad dog
stanster said:
I am a relatively new residient of Oregon and have finally passed the six month mark, enabling me to get my resident fishing license. This was a LONG darned wait, but I do things legally. I am an experienced salt water fisherman from Southern California, but am basically clueless on pacific northwest river fishing. The best way to learn something is to hook up with someone smarter than oneself and learn from them.

Can any of you you recomend a good guide, familiar with the Siuslaw who knows how to teach a rookie how to catch salmon? I would be real interested in going out for Coho after Septemeber 15th.

Thanks

I know a guy on this forum, name of Andy, that might be persuaded to take you for the cost of fuel and tackle....plus, you could probably tip him in beer!!! :D :lol:

Shoot Thuggin4life a PM....he might be up for a trip.

Last edited:
D
Damon79
stanster said:

Thanks

Curt Currey is the owner of Currey Guide Service. He is located in Walterville and fishes the Slaw very regularly. He has reasonable rates and very well outfitted. Knows how to catch fish...

T
Thuggin4Life
I have a boat named "guide status" reson being is i have enough gear to guide any of my buddies who are willing to go out fishing a split the costs of the trip. with recent events i find it hard to be able to pitch in as much and be able to go out as mucvh as i like. because i have the boat and the gear my friends dont mind making a trip happen even if i can't pitch in much. sometimes just being able to tow my boat helps a lot because sometimes i can't get the one rig me and my other half share. I have some decent experiance salmon fishing here on the slaw and the umpqua along with siltcoos and tahkanitch lakes. also do the columbia for springers. I even do tons of trout trolling and samething if you dont have gear it doesn't matter i got you. be a lot cheaper than i guide to just help out with the cost of a fishing trip rather than pay for a service. Not sure why you would rather do coho in tideater over chinook. i think a coho is just a bonus when nook fishing and when nookin dies down i hit up the coho lake season to kill the time before winter steelheading. I bet you 40 bucks would get you out on the water with me. and i can fish from dawn till dusk. and i dont mind teaching a rookie and showing them all the ropes and sharing in all the knoledge i have. I should also mention i won a salmon derby on the siuslaw when i was 2 years old. and fished in alsaka as a kid. seriously send me a pm i dont thin kthere anyone on this forum more serious about going fishing than me. just ask On The Fly.

J
JeannaJigs
Nick Frank knows his shirt on the 'slaw for very reasonable rates. Also, Jeff Jackson (Action Jackson's Guide Service). He lives in Mapleton and knows the Siuslaw extremely well, pretty chill guy too.

T
Thuggin4Life
some pics of fall chinook and fall coho with some springer trolling pics. part 1

• 10lb hen 2.jpg
  • dadafafaga.jpg
  • Springer!.jpg
  • emmc_downsized950326111656.jpg
  • Reedsport 08-24-2011.jpg
  • 0903110931.jpg
  • 0903111054.jpg
  • 254.jpg
  • DSCI2139[1].jpg
T
Thuggin4Life
some pics of fall chinook and fall coho with some springer trolling pics. part 2

T
Thuggin4Life
some pics of fall chinook and fall coho with some springer trolling pics. part 3

T
Thuggin4Life
some pics of fall chinook and fall coho with some springer trolling pics. part 4

J
JeannaJigs
hot damn andy, I had no idea you had that many pics LOL. I almost forgot about a few of those fish I got last year...sheesh, Alzheimer's must be settlin' in.

T
Thuggin4Life
So ask your self this... do you pay for a guide or pitch in 1/3 of the guide price not to mention the guide tip and come out with me? I offer good company, a boat, and gear. Do i catch fish yes. as many as a guide no. do i know how to fish? I would like to think i do. do i know my local areas. yes. will i be patient and explain/show you the ropes? yes. do i care that you dont know what you are doing? no.will you be fishing with a bunch of people taking away from the learning experiance and time to pick the guides brain? yes. Will it be 1 on 1 with me and my brain? yes. Am i a guide? NO! you ask why do i go through the trouble to do this? because i am a broke die hard fisherman who just wants to get out on the water. besides i have a stereo in my boat does the guide?

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
hot damn andy, I had no idea you had that many pics LOL. I almost forgot about a few of those fish I got last year...sheesh, Alzheimer's must be settlin' in.

Time to stop drinking out of aluminum cans.

J
JeannaJigs
Never.

B
bigsteel
Andy wants to fish:D:D:D:D

H
hawgslayer
Contact Dave Huntington with Huntingfish Charters 541-999-9282. Extremely knowledgeable, and friendly. He lives in Florence, and slays fish. He has taken 25+ trips this year, and not once had he not got one. I talked to him yesterday after 2 half day trips and he got 10, and 4 the day before !! Limited his clients out morning and evening. If you want to ride in a nice boat with good gear and get into some hawgs Dave is your guy !!

R
rippin fish lips
I recomemnd guides for the learning experience... but i would say andy is ur best bet! :p He has tagged a fish each trip this year. Good chance of hook ups! Going out tomorrow!

Top Bottom