Searun cutthroat rivers

S
sapo
I'm going to some coastal rivers this summer for sea-run cutthroat fishing, and I was wondering which rivers are the best for sea-run cutthroat fishing? I will be going in mid-late August.

B
Big3d
I believe august will be a tad early, unless you plan to hit spots very low on the rivers. I couldn't tell you which rivers get the best runs.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I've only fished the Siletz and the Alsea for bluebacks, I've had little luck on the Alsea but quite a bit of luck on the Siletz. Other forum members could help point you to other good rivers though

J
JonT
I will be fishing the Siletz A LOT soon, and will let you know what happens.

D
DrTheopolis
Not many bluebacks around in August, unless you're in tidewater, or better yet, the bay (sea runs and Chinook usually go hand-in-hand). There will be plenty of nice resident cuts, though. Any coastal stream will have plenty. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the mainstem Nehalem (haven't checked the regs, but it also gets a very small run of summer Chinook, but don't tell anyone).

S
sapo
Thanks everyone!

C_Run
C_Run
There is some really great information on this subject if you were to search the OLD threads on this forum. You would get some good specifics.