Take a vet fishing.

P
pez75
I was looking at another forum and they mentioned this event in late may. Wondering if any OFF members were helping out. It will be at henery hagg lake on 31of may. I'm a vet and I'm looking at helping outwith this event.

T
TimberTodd
I haven't heard about it. You could try checking with Washington County Parks and see if they have any contact info. Kudos to you for looking to help out and thank you for your service.

E
eugene1
I'll be taking some vets out in May for an event closer to where I live.

I would encourage anyone to get involved with taking our hero's out for the day if you can.

Best,

EOBOY
EOBOY
Pez:

I am signed up to go. I have contact info. some where let me look for it. I cut hair at standdowns so I know one of the ladies putting this together so if you are interested let me know. Was at Hagg yesterday and saw a guy with a total HOG the biggest Small Mouth I've ever seen. He said he caught it on the South side almost directly across from A launch. He used a night crawler with no lead under the trees over hanging the water.

shamtime

EOBOY
EOBOY
Pez:

Here is the contact info I have.

Thank you for registering as a participant for the next Take A Soldier (Active Duty Military) or Veteran fishing event at Henry Hagg Lake, on Saturday, May 31, 2014. Hagg Lake area C pavilion is where the check-in, boat matching, and lunch will take place.

Lunch, fishing equipment and bait, will be provided but it is OK if you wish to bring your own equipment.

Registration check-in will begin at 7:00 AM. AM refreshments of coffee, juice, rolls, and fruit will be available in the AM. Lunch begins at 11:30 AM and if we obtain sufficient donations, we will have a door prize drawing of gifts at noon. Everyone should be on shore for lunch by 11:50. Lunch will end at 12:45. The fishing event will officially end at 4:00 PM but you may fish longer if your guide and you agree. Cleanup starts at 4:00 and everything will be packed and removed by 5:00PM.

Please be prepared for any type of weather including cool rain, warm sun, and wind. We hope for nice conditions, but the end of May weather is unpredictable.

There is a fee of $5.00 to park your vehicle at Scoggins Park Hagg Lake Area C. This must be purchased as you enter the park. Go to http://www.co.washington.or.us/Support_Services/Facilities/Parks/Hagglake/ for more information.

Area C is ADA compliant and there are restrooms near the pavilion with easy access.

Thank you for being part of something that is bigger than ourselves as we honor our active duty and veterans for their sacrifice in serving our nation.

If for any reason you cannot attend the event or if you will be late in arriving or need to leave early, please contact me.

P
pez75
Great, eoboy. I will recheck my calender to make sure I can come.