Where are these places on the Willamette?

J
JHawk
We're bankies and I've been reading about some spots on the Willamette. I'm not sure if they are only accessible by boat, but where is the "Lakeline" (or "lake line"), the "sandbar", and the "garbage hole"? I know where the garbage hole is on the Sandy, but not on the Willy.

M
Modest_Man
Garbage hole is in front of Jon Storm park, just upstream of Clackamette park. The lakeline is just upstream of the I205 bridge. And I'm guessing the sandbar is on the West Linn side just upstream of the I205 bridge. All within a few hundred yards of each other in Oregon City.

M
mikeee2362
Modest_Man said:
And I'm guessing the sandbar is on the West Linn side just upstream of the I205 bridge.

Would that be West Bridge park? Or further up stream?

Also I was just over that way yesterday and could see all the boats out in the Willy just downstream and up to the 205 bridge in front of Jon Storm Park, and there were some guys plunking in Clackamette Park too on both the Willy side and the Clack side. Not sure about bank access beyond Clackamette park upstream on the Willy though.

After thinking about it(and my hooking to landing ratio)...the smartest guys were the ones on the Clack side of Clackamette Park...where barbed hooks are allowed.:lol:

Last edited:
D
DrTheopolis
The Clack below McLoughlin Bvd./99E (first bridge) is barbless.

M
mikeee2362
DrTheopolis said:
The Clack below McLoughlin Bvd./99E (first bridge) is barbless.

Okay...DRATS...bubble popped, guess I shoulda read deeper before getting excited.

M
Modest_Man