Bumpy butts

M
mikeredding
Went out 8 miles on Saturday. Took about an hour to get there and 20 minutes to get back in.
Very bumpy day on the pond with 6ft swells and 4ft wind waves.
Managed to scratch out 2 fish in less than an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chromatose
Chromatose
Looks like the bumpy ride paid OFF...........

Irishrover
Irishrover
6 foot swell and 4 foot wind wave for a combined 10' seas....yes that's bummpy! Glad you got your fish. The wind is hitting hard up here too off the mouth of the Columbia..small craft advisery all last week and still in effect.

M
mikeredding
Irishrover said:
6 foot swell and 4 foot wind wave for a combined 10' seas....yes that's bummpy! Glad you got your fish. The wind is hitting hard up here too off the mouth of the Columbia..small craft advisery all last week and still in effect.
Yeah, it was pretty ugly. Don't care to do that again anytime soon.
The boat handled it well I didn't feel unsafe but not very comfortable for sure.

A lot of boats in close fishing for salmon but we were the only boat out for Halibut.
Hmmmm................I wonder why?
I guess we are just crazy like that.

B
bran_man
Yeah sounds kinda rough, but paid off with a tasty reward. Nice work. Any measurements on those butts? Just curious...

M
mikeredding
bran_man said:
Yeah sounds kinda rough, but paid off with a tasty reward. Nice work. Any measurements on those butts? Just curious...
This weeks were 35" and 39"

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice catch! I'm envious of the dinners you'll be having :D

R
rippin fish lips
Nice catch. I miss the big pond.

M
mikeredding
rippin fish lips said:
Nice catch. I miss the big pond.
Thanks everyone. The new boat has allowed us to open new opportunities and we are loving it.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Oh my...I would BE the chum in that situation! :shy: Glad you all made it back safely. I'm certain you all had your pfd's on ;)...Good job bringing home the bac...er...um....I mean butt. :lol:

bass
bass
Good job, I guess the halibut liked the extra jigging action!

D
DYJ
nice catch, those conditions made us back out for that weekend...

M
mikeredding
Considering going out tomorrow but it looks to be another bumpy day out there with 15kt winds, 4ft wind waves and 4ft swells.
So far we have tagged 9 and released 3 in a total of 3 trips.
Quota is getting close to being done and would love to get a couple more.
Hmmmm.........................