Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Devils Lake

Fishing Devils Lake

Has any one fished Devils lake recently? Whats working and how big are the fish? Thanks

I was there last week and caught 5 in about an 1 1/2 hrs. My dad lives on the lake so I go there at least once a month and always kill'em on green power bait with sparkles with slider weight and about a 18 inch leader or a dark green roostertail. Here are some pics from last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0303090950-00.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	1840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0303091401-00.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	1841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0303091751-00.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	1842   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0304090814-00.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	1843  

fishing devils lake

Thanks alot. My dad lives on the lake too. I just dont get a chance to fish that lake as much as I would like.

Super Moderator Top Author Raincatcher's Avatar
    Less than a mile from the Santiam River :)

Cool More than trout?

Bass Ackwards;
    Are there any other species in Devils Lake? I have only fished it from the banks of the parks without luck. Is it 'toon friendly,before the jet ski's come out? BTW great pictures,thanks,they really do help. Be safe.
    Barb

On this day, Sept. 30,1983: The first AH-64 Apache attack helicopter was rolled out by McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company.

Be safe out there.
    Barb

fishing devils lake

There are carp in there that are pretty big, but you cant catch them. There is also some bass in the lake. I have never tried to fish for those though. I have never been that successful at bank fishing that lake. I usually troll in a triangle formation. There is a red house that looks like its falling apart. To the grassy point, to the brick wall. I always do well there.
    Last edited by ryemery; 03-20-2009 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raincatcher View Post
    Bass Ackwards;
    Are there any other species in Devils Lake? I have only fished it from the banks of the parks without luck. Is it 'toon friendly,before the jet ski's come out? BTW great pictures,thanks,they really do help. Be safe.
    Barb
    raincatcher, There are perch, catfish, LM bass, and a few cut throat, Grass carp but but like ryemery said your not supposed to catch those. I have also caught silver salmon on roostertails but they are protected. You could take a toon out but I would go early before alot of boats come out or the wind picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by ryemery View Post
    There are carp in there that are pretty big, but you cant catch them. There is also some bass in the lake. I have never tried to fish for those though. I have never been that successful at bank fishing that lake. I usually troll in a triangle formation. There is a red house that looks like its falling apart. To the grassy point, to the brick wall. I always do well there.
    that spot by the falling in house is the place to be.. that is where I've caught the most variety of fish, that whole bank from the right hand side of the house all the way into the cove is the best for bass in spring and summer. I caught a seven pounder there last year. They just stocked it on the 16th of march with 6500 trout so you should get into them pretty good. Good luck man let me know if you see any bass yet.

I hear saturday most all of the trout were in the middle of the lake. many trolled right around them. I didn't do any fishing there over the weekend, though I was tempted.

i was there on sunday and didnt see a darn thing....... never fished it at high tide though so might have to try again next weekend at low.....

fishing devils lake

We went out on Saturady and Sunday. Pulled one out on Saturday trolling and then I pulled out 4 on Sunday 16 inches long each. I was anchored up using powerbait. They were a blast to pull in on my ultra light rod.

I'm goin out there again on sunday. I'll post sum pics if I catch anything

I'd be down for some of that! :dance:

I went out there at about 8:00 it was really nasty out. To windy to put my little 10ft boat in. But there were 2 boats out a lot more brave than myself l guess. I didnt get any bites for the first few hours but around noon i cleared up a little bit and I caught a few nice ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0329091134-00.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	1916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0329091426-02.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	1917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0329091426-00.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	1918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0329091427-01.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	1919  

Are there any public boat ramps on Devils Lake? The only one I have seen is a private ramp that is across Hwy 101 from the golf course. It looks like is attached to a resort or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bumfish View Post
    Are there any public boat ramps on Devils Lake? The only one I have seen is a private ramp that is across Hwy 101 from the golf course. It looks like is attached to a resort or something.

Thanks
    There are 3 there's holmes road park just take a left at the first light when u get into town and you'll go right there. The second is devils lake state park and its on east devils lake road before you get into town. Real easy to find. The third one is in town I cant remember what its called though.

Nice fish bass ackwards, those are some pretty good looking fish i was just down there last sunday and i caught a couple of my own they were pretty decent size but not as big as yours, where were you getting the most bites at i usually go down by falling house i usually get pretty lucky there. I have to say though devils lake has to be my favorite lake in oregon

melissa

Quote Originally Posted by fish grease View Post
    Nice fish bass ackwards, those are some pretty good looking fish i was just down there last sunday and i caught a couple of my own they were pretty decent size but not as big as yours, where were you getting the most bites at i usually go down by falling house i usually get pretty lucky there. I have to say though devils lake has to be my favorite lake in oregon

melissa
    Hey thanx fish grease.. The fallin house is the best spot on the lake I think. And devils lake is also my favorite lake on the coast. Maybe that cuz i know it so well but it is really underated I think

whereabouts is the falling house?? Can u access that area of the lake from the bank??? or boat only?

I also think this lake is underrated in the fact that it produces 12"-16" very consistently. It seems to me that most lakes produce 8"-12" consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by c_13_b View Post
    whereabouts is the falling house?? Can u access that area of the lake from the bank??? or boat only?

I also think this lake is underrated in the fact that it produces 12"-16" very consistently. It seems to me that most lakes produce 8"-12" consistently.
    The falling house is on the eastside of the lake just south of sand point. the bank is too steep there to fish. You are so right about the 12-16" fish though. I haven't caught a fish under 14 inches since last summer.

Experienced Member
    wow, i am getting killed in my own backyard! i havent been there much in the last week to 10 days, mebbe if it'll stop raining i'll head over. last couple of times i have gone i havnt had any bites. green and chartruse are the usual go to colors- gotta have sparlkes in it though.

i have also noticed that the bite is better right before dark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fishing in Willamette Zone
Fishing in Northwest Oregon
Fishing in Southwest Oregon
Fishing in Central Oregon
Fishing in Northeast Oregon
Fishing in Southeast Oregon
Salt Water Fishing in Oregon
Fishing outside Oregon
Steelhead Fishing in Oregon
Salmon Fishing in Oregon
Trout Fishing in Oregon