Any action anywhere on the McKenzie?

J
Joe
I live by VRC, so getting out there has to be planned. If anyone has heard anything, please let me know. Thanks.

B
Blackdiamond1983
Well I hzve not been out there this year but from what I read in the register gaurd today it should be good. Even this early.

S
Steel4life
i wouldnt trust the news paper. lol i have had a couple of buddies up there for the 2 weeks. nothing in the trap yet (could not be open) and they said maybe one take down. they only drifted leaburg once with no luck. but im sure there are a few around if you can get em to bite. water temp is a lil cold still

S
SailCat
Actually, it's been worthwhile. March Browns have been hatching but on those days when it's showery, try Prince Nymphs and March Brown Emergers. You should do alright on the lower Mac, even this early.

N
natro
I went up to the hatchery yesterday since I had some time to kill, and I hadn't been up there in quite awhile. There was 1 fish in the holding trap, and of course the water was high and fast.

C
Chelsea.Fishing.Mama
Took the little man out for his first run down the Mckenzie opening day. Not the best luck, still landed 3 rainbow. Wanted to get me a nice steelhead. Oh but it's only just begun :) only going to get better from here!!!

6esydy2e.jpg

da6u6ute.jpg

5eqy9usa.jpg

rujumemu.jpg

e6upe2y4.jpg