now that's a surf perch

B
bythesea
Been on the beach again, My biggest yet 2 1/2 lbs.two or three hours before high tide.would of finished my limit but,ran out of shrimp.Well I'm out to catch that one that got away....FISH-ON!!!

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

Reactions: sportsmanlio
L
lilsalmon
wow...nice job. I need to give surf fishin a try.....have to google it to see what to use.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome catch, looks like a blast.

troutdude
troutdude
Slab-o-licsious!!!

S
sbrooks
which beach were you at?

U
usmc-recon
Good job bro tried that last month needed a longer pole and had to wade out up to allmost my chest and hooked a tiny perch ended up falling down swimming back lost that pole and fish was a stinking nightmare GLAD YOU HAD GOOD LUCK! (spose it helps to k own what your doing)

J
JAFO
Holy smokes!! Big un.

bass
bass
Wow that is a whopper! What type of rig are you using and how far out do you cast? I typically use a 4oz weight on the bottom and 2 droppers a couple of feet up. I have tried throwing lots of different distances but tend to find that the further I cast the better I do. Just curious how you are fishing down south. I have had my best success in Rockaway Beach for redtails. However, I have to sadly admit that I have not fished that many different spots up here.

B
bythesea
sbrooks said:
which beach were you at?

siltcoos beach about 6 mi south of florence.

H
Hawk
Those are beauties bro.
Well Done.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D
:cool::cool:

B
bythesea
bass said:
Wow that is a whopper! What type of rig are you using and how far out do you cast? I typically use a 4oz weight on the bottom and 2 droppers a couple of feet up. I have tried throwing lots of different distances but tend to find that the further I cast the better I do. Just curious how you are fishing down south. I have had my best success in Rockaway Beach for redtails. However, I have to sadly admit that I have not fished that many different spots up here.

ya a fish finder rig 5 oz pyramid only about 60' out.ya see people with those 12' surf poles, unless their fishing for stripers I don't know what their fishing 4.

B
bythesea
caught another pig today.I think this is the perfect time of the year around hear. the BIG females are in spawning....FISH-ON!!!

S
skunk
Watch out its gonna eat the others!!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Very nice fish! if only i could do thatin my backyard.