Trask springers

brandon4455
brandon4455
I spent a bit of time on the trask last fall and really enjoyed the river, good bobber holes and a lot of nice folks on the river as well.Along with the company we had some HOT fishing (less than 8 hours saw over 50 hooked, a few mine, at loren's,just incredible.) ive never fished the trask for springers though so i was wondering, when does the bulk of the run start up and get up near loren's/hatchery? i would like to go and find out myself but don't have that luxury as gas is way too spendy to be going before the fish arrive.I'm assuming it will be at least a few more weeks but again, ive never fished springers there so not sure. Any advice is appreciated and pm's are most welcome too.

Brandon

F
FG_Fishing8
I just logged on to ask the same questions!! Can't wait to get some help. We're in the same boat on this one. Never fished it for springers.

D
DrTheopolis
Been a lot of years since I spent much time targeting springers in the Tillamook area, so I'm not the best source of info. But it's usually around late May when they show up, give or take.

But I will say, don't ever expect fall-like action in the spring. Just not gonna happen. While there's definitely fish to be had, it's not the wall-to-wall fish numbers like in fall.

Love the lower Trask for fall nooks.

T
troutmasta
Mid may to the beggining of june is HOT near the hatchery.

Some times they open the hatchery, its nuts.

Ive seen 50+ fish days back to back to back near the hatchery.

brandon4455
brandon4455
THanks for the info guys, really appreciate it.Can't wait until they start rolling in good.I was sold on that river after hooking 2 fish in my first 4 casts at lorens. time to tie some jigs! maybe ill see you out there guys.

-Brandon

T
troutmasta
Wouldnt be the first time weve bumped into each other.

Good Luck

brandon4455
brandon4455
really? when was this??? ha you should have said so!. i met a lot of people this last fall chinook season so im assuming you were one of those people.

T
troutmasta
Didn't I meet you on the sandy like 3 years ago. You were with Sam .

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive never fished the sandy before haha. im sure we will meet up and fish sometime though. go bonk some chrome springers cause my fall stock of smoked fish is all gone :/

T
troutmasta
Strange. A person named Brandon from the forum recognized me and called me by name.
Oh well, let's do this!

W
waco
Some fish showing before the rain. I think after the river drops into shape will be better numbers!!

D
dozer365
I'll be down our hatchery hole area tomorrow throwing bobber and sandshrimp and eggs if anyone one is headed out. Beat up red ford ranger. I'll be sheering an all white beavers hat. Feel free to introduce yourself.
Wondering if Waco or troutmasta are maybe gonna be around.... I'll be in the parking area by 4

C
CESAR503
I was there on sunday.....just saw one guy bank one

T
troutmasta
I'll be coastal on Monday. Probably hit laurens drift and.... I dunno but I'll be coastal

D
dozer365
ill post report before Monday. Maybe I'll fish your rock by the secret bridge with a combo of black yarn and ...en Corky w sand shrimp :p

brandon4455
brandon4455
i saw some photos on facebook of a few from loren's in the past week. more fish are starting to show up. i might make a trip out next week

E
eugene1
Sweet!, go forth and slay, dude! Just let us know how it goes too.

Good luck to you,

brandon4455 said:
i saw some photos on facebook of a few from loren's in the past week. more fish are starting to show up. i might make a trip out next week

D
dozer365
Fish at least as high as the dam hole. And saw one out of hatchery hole. Sand shrimp an tuna belly shank hold the eggs. Bite wasn't very good but they are taking some.

F
FRITZFRITZFRITZ
DrTheopolis said:
Been a lot of years since I spent much time targeting springers in the Tillamook area don't ever expect fall-like action in the spring. Just not gonna happen. While there's definitely fish to be had, it's not the wall-to-wall fish numbers like in fall.

Love the lower Trask for fall nooks.
WELL DEER doubting Just not gonna happen, its happening, i saw someny fish taken this last 3 weeks it would make your head spin. now the daybefor yesterday was so slow wow only heard of 3 from 6am till 830am, so i quite and went home.

• Photo014.jpg
  • 100_7417.jpg
  • 20140516_104628.jpg
  • 20140516_111118.jpg
Last edited:
D
DrTheopolis
Are you trying to say numbers of Tillamook springers are similar to the fall run?

If so, you probably want to back up and take another run at it.