Fishing buds

F
flyguy202011
who wants to go fishing this weeknd? I will give gas money, lets do this!

M
Markcanby
Sorry man talking the kiddos backpacking. Look me up after it cools down I can take you out to some ponds I have with nice fish.,

F
flyguy202011
Ok sounds great!

Troutski
Troutski
What day are you thinking about...I am in...

Chuck

I
idahojeff
I am leaving on Sat and coming back on Mon...not sure where, somewhere fishy! Those days work for you Flyguy?

F
flyguy202011
any day im free! Idahojeff what do you meen? and troutski saturday looks nice. I want to hit up the upper clack or something fun. bass? IDK

I
idahojeff
Day trip?

F
flyguy202011
yes a day trip

I
idahojeff
I realize that was stupid of me. Kind of feel silly. I am open to Clack on Sunday or Monday. I like to get out early....4-5.

F
flyguy202011
fly fishing? or gear?

I
idahojeff
Gear. I am turning into a Blue Pox #4 addict. lol! I do have fly gear, just not good at it yet. How far in Portland are you...Im in Newberg.

C
ChezJfrey
I want to try working this out...you're thinking Clackamas on Sunday? I'm going to see what I can do to get out there and let you know.

If so, anyone want to show me how to catch a steelhead? LOL

I
idahojeff
I haven't got into one yet...YET! I have overloaded my brain with steelie info...now have to use it! But, lets hit the water early!

F
flyguy202011
I can teach both of you how to read steelhead water and Im from se portland! but we should check to see if anyone is hooking up on steel in the clack? !? but if not I can teach yah how to become an expert fly fisherman too. we can fish the upper clack for some cutties?

C
ChezJfrey
flyguy202011 said:
but if not I can teach yah how to become an expert fly fisherman too. we can fish the upper clack for some cutties?

I like the idea of cutties very much...just started fly fishing this year and though I've caught quite a few on the fly, I definitely could use some pointers as I'm sure my technique is sorely lacking :)

I'll see if I can work this weekend into the plan.

Troutski
Troutski
flyguy202011 said:
any day im free! Idahojeff what do you meen? and troutski saturday looks nice. I want to hit up the upper clack or something fun. bass? IDK

I wasn't sure where you were and where you wanted to fish, we are goeagraphly unsuitable...I was thinking about Hills Creek, part of the Middle Fork Of The Willy above Oakridge.
Good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

L
lilsalmon
Troutski said:
I wasn't sure where you were and where you wanted to fish, we are goeagraphly unsuitable...I was thinking about Hills Creek, part of the Middle Fork Of The Willy above Oakridge.
Good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

Good choice.....

Troutski
Troutski
lilsalmon said:
Good choice.....

So many fish and so little pressure.......:clap::dance:

Chuck

L
lilsalmon
Troutski said:
So many fish and so little pressure.......:clap::dance:

Chuck

yessssss....

S
skunk
Upper clack you'll see more brookies and rainbows than cutties. Find somewhere hard to hike to and you won't be able to keep them off. I use a Barr's Vis-a-dun, or basically an x-caddis. Key for me is trim the bottom of the hackle, apply super glue under there for durability, and go with an amber dubbed body (its a darker yellow in my case). Paintbrush bristles for tail, really stiff white wing angled forward. I was getting mad cause I couldn't keep them OFF even when I had a tangle to undo. :)