Drought is over

J
JKham
Yes, for sure, its such a wonderful feeling to finally catch these elusive beast! Words cannot discribe the feeling, and I'm sure you all know what or how I felt when I was finally able to pull one up to shore! Euphoric bliss...

Believe me when I say I put in a heck of a lot of time into trying to catch salmon/steelhead. Bank fishing is very difficult and you lear a lot of different styles (bobber, spin, drift, plunk). This is my first year of fishing for Steelies but I feel like it was 3years worth of effort. I was so devoted to making it happen. Bought 2 great books off of Amazon about the waters here in the Pacific NW which gave me a lifetime of info. In addition, spent a lot of money in gas, gear and time. I would wake up at 3-5am just to get to certain places. I'd roll out solo on many occassions and I would go with anyone just to check out a new spot or learn how they'd do it. Now that I finally caught a few, my desire is even more fierce! Happy fishing my friends!

U
usmc-recon
JKham said:
Yes, for sure, its such a wonderful feeling to finally catch these elusive beast! Words cannot discribe the feeling, and I'm sure you all know what or how I felt when I was finally able to pull one up to shore! Euphoric bliss...

Believe me when I say I put in a heck of a lot of time into trying to catch salmon/steelhead. Bank fishing is very difficult and you lear a lot of different styles (bobber, spin, drift, plunk). This is my first year of fishing for Steelies but I feel like it was 3years worth of effort. I was so devoted to making it happen. Bought 2 great books off of Amazon about the waters here in the Pacific NW which gave me a lifetime of info. In addition, spent a lot of money in gas, gear and time. I would wake up at 3-5am just to get to certain places. I'd roll out solo on many occassions and I would go with anyone just to check out a new spot or learn how they'd do it. Now that I finally caught a few, my desire is even more fierce! Happy fishing my friends!

great job bro. what books did ya read if ya dont mind saying! good luck let the good times roll

A
Airs98
This is a public forum open to anybody with Internet access. I think it's wise to keep the "where" part undisclosed. Maybe even blur the background on those pictures if it's too revealing. Just my 2 cents.

F
FishFiddle
JKham said:

Now that there is what you call 'doing your homework' and 'putting in the time!' Great job and Congrats!!

U
usmc-recon
JKham said:

Their is a newer fishing in oregon book i believe its called the complete guide fishing in oregon. very similar i believe its a newer version of it. i have bolth. ill have check out the other one thanks bro!

T
Team CF
This is a pretty inspiring thread. I want to so bad get into salmon and steelhead fishing. I have caught some salmon but am only scratching the surface that amazing resource and steelhead have been elusive to me forever. I have the gear, not so much time now but I will have enough to start getting it done. I should invest in a book or two and really kick off the homework. Nice fish congrats its great to gain confidence in a new tactic and to do it while steelhead fishing must feel amazing!