St. Louis Ponds trout fishing

F
fishsticks
So I hear that St. Louis Ponds are getting trout one more time this year? Is this true? Does anyone know?

J
JeannaJigs
Peep the stocking schedule. a lot of places aren't done stocking for the year. Can't say specifically though whether or not this place you ask about does or not, but there is a stocking schedule at odfw.org somewhere

troutdude
troutdude
St. Louis Ponds are in the N. section of the Willy zone. It is not listed for any more truck drops.

F
fishsticks
I've been looking and the stocking schedule and it doesn't show for st. Louis ponds to be stocked. But a lady I was talking to Saturday said the park host told her next month there will be trout being stocked. When I went to talk to the host my self there were gone.

troutdude
troutdude
Try calling ODFW directly, for confirmation. The calendar may not be updated.

M
Modest_Man
I can tell you that there is going to be a youth fishing even there September 24th, and they usually stock it the night before for the kids. I'd put money on it getting stocked sometime between the 22nd and the 24th.

troutdude
troutdude
Oh yeah, thanks MM. I forgot that there are a few "family" or "youth" free fishing events left on that calendar.

C
chrisohm
Well, have fun! That place gets packed and fished out quickly. The locals will be hammering that water from the time they stock till the catch drops off. Program ODFW # in your phone to check on confirmed stockings. Sometimes they will stock brooders or pounders at various locations. These will not show up on the schedule and they will not post an update online until the week of or the week after the trout dump. Find the deeper holes, that place is low this time of year. They stock ponds 3 and 6. I have found trout in the others ponds as well. The last time I went there, I caught a few in pond 1.

M
Modest_Man
Last time they stocked the ponds before a kids event they brought in an OSP officer and he wrote a LOT of tickets. Seems that the people who follow the stocker tanks around don't like to follow the rules...

C
chrisohm
Most of the people who fish there on a regular basis don't follow the rules. I'm sure he was handing out tickets to people who were over the limit or had no license. Too bad you can't be cited for following the trucks around. Not that it matters, those trout are worthless unless they are a decent size and the water there is kinda nasty. It would be fun to run tests on some samples and see what creates that smell and odd color in some parts. I wouldn't even practice catch and release there knowing how much stress those fish deal with daily.

Reactions: Raincatcher
I
I <3 <><
I went to one last year and the pond was pretty much outfished before the event. >.< There were a lot of adults fishing it too. That place seems to be going downhill with poachersand vandals and what not.