Lings have really picked up in Newport

C
chad wiest
image.jpgi had an afternoon trip on Sunday. We did well on the lings (8) with a few hitchhikers. Bass fishing remains consistent. Next weather window should produce good catches. Get out there!

Reactions: igquick and Admin
hobster
hobster
Sweet! I was supposed to go on Monday but alas I cannot. My buddies did great last week at Depoe Bay, hope to get out there soon. Great fish man!

J
jesse202505
I lost touch with an old friend that use to take me out on his dory boat. good times i need to get back out there.

T
troutmasta
Yezzir!
Thats a nice Ling.
I'm Green with envy!

C
chad wiest
Man those green lingcod are cool fish. Thanks for the kind words all. The whole next couple months should be good......

S
Socaaron
Not sure if it's still open but this sounds like a good time to tell you'all to go to ODFW and sign up for the hook and line survey. It's basically a free deep sea fishing trip paid for by ODFW with everything provided the one catch..you don't get to keep anything you catch, catch and release only. BUT you do get a free fishing trip inside the marine sanctuary and you help ODFW with their marine studies. They have multiple dates spring and fall trips out of 5 different ports first come first serve. I'm already on the short list ;)!

E
eugene1
Good looking fish and ocean conditions.

Are you guys going for all-depth Halibut starting July 1? Thinking about getting out on a central OR charter this summer.

Best & congrats,

I
igquick
That looks like good cookin rite thur

Irishrover
Irishrover
Makes me want to bring the boat back to Newport. The central coast has some great bottom fishing. Not to mention the bar at Newport is one of the best to cross in Oregon. Keep those reports rolling in.

C
chad wiest
Yes on the halibut! Everyday its open....

C
chad wiest
The july halibut days are back up days for all depth but inshore season starts then and we fish that as well.

Admin
Admin
chad wiest said:
The july halibut days are back up days for all depth but inshore season starts then and we fish that as well.

Howdy chad wiest. I didn't have a chance to say you "Welcome aboard!" so I'm doing it now.
I guess that not all OFFers know which month is the "hot month" for which spicie in Oregon (well, I'm one of them ). If you would give us that information that would be just great.

M
mikeee2362
Anatoliy said:
Howdy chad wiest. I didn't have a chance to say you "Welcome aboard!" so I'm doing it now.
I guess that not all OFFers know which month is the "hot month" for which spicie in Oregon (well, I'm one of them ). If you would give us that information that would be just great.

X2

C
chad wiest
Here are the seasons we fish. Now until halibut season May 8th we focus on bottomfish. Once halibut starts we do that every chance we get and when its not open we bottomfish and salmon fish until July 4th our usuall kick off to tuna. Then another quick halibut season in August. The non- selective coho season is open all of september so they will be fishing them along with tuna until they are out of range. There you have it!