Topwater

T
tomriker
is it the one we talked about last time you were here? cuz if so that's awesome!

B
Berg03
how do you get owners to let you fish there ponds? everytime i have asked they tell me no. Do you already have a small connection with them through friends or relatives?

T
tomriker
FP is a good looking man, that's how

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
FP is a good looking man, that's how
I would have to agree with that, the owners just dont know how to say no :cool:

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
is it the one we talked about last time you were here? cuz if so that's awesome!

Yep gotta get the cats figured out pretty sure if i could hook a 10lb plus one of those it would be a fun ride around the pond ! There are already tales of bass that big in there surfacing and for all the years I have eyed it have only seen a very few at one bank spot . Am very excited about the prospects here. Who knows maybe we will find somethin that will give TR a reason to fish somewhere besides home. As far as getting access I must admit being old and in work clothes every time I lay the honest speel on the prospective owner probably helps but I think in this case being local and already in at other locations helped. Oh and it only gets better the guy I met that led me to the owner is a fly rod and arrow MFG knows everyone in the local fishing and hunting biz and is an amazing wealth of knowledge when it comes to steelhead & salmon on the fly "way out of my league" . Oh He said i should bring the rods Ryan made me when he introduces me to mr Loomis he thought they were impresive! Heck i dont know but I have had an amazing streak of luck with property owners as of late I hope its because I am sincere in the love of the sport and I show respect.

R
ryan808
You da man....... thats why.

B
Berg03
haha, yea i think people see me as a 21 year old punk kid that will destroy their pond. If i was going to destroy it I would not be asking you permission to fish it. Oh well, i will just keep asking around :)

J
jawjacker
haha, yea i think people see me as a 21 year old punk kid that will destroy their pond. If i was going to destroy it I would not be asking you permission to fish it. Oh well, i will just keep asking around
I was gona tell ya something along those lines but I didn't want to discourage you or hurt your feelings. If you can't get permission to fish a privet pond their is still plenty of great opportunity to be had fishing public waters and night time is a great time to target them. Public waters will usually receive most their fishing pressure durring the day so I belive the bass feel more comfortable at night and are more easly fooled due to lack of visibility. I'v been frequenting a public pond down the road from my house and have been injoying some decent success. The only people I ever see out their are usually targeting cat fish and have no idea what Im doing. I just slip past them to the back of the lake with the bats & muskrats and get to work. The Spro Bronzeye King Daddy Frog has been getting it done for me lately. It weighs in at an ounce and has a very large profile but even smaller fish destroy it. Here is a couple pics from last nights big adventure. The three lber choked it and this five pouder was a pleasant surprize on one of my last casts in the parking lot right before I was going to leave. You also gotta check out that chunck of meat I found dangling after a missed blow up. That alone will keep ya comming back.

• IMG_0413.jpg
  • IMG_0419 (800x600).jpg
  • IMG_0414 (800x600).jpg
B
Berg03
Nice looking bass there. Yeah, just going to have to keep trying public ponds, I just wish there were some closer to where I live. Like 10 minutes away or an easy bike ride.

F
Finneus Polebender
Berg03 said:
Nice looking bass there. Yeah, just going to have to keep trying public ponds, I just wish there were some closer to where I live. Like 10 minutes away or an easy bike ride.

Dont give up I was told no many more times than yes dropped ya a pm

F
Finneus Polebender
Thinkin about an eve run to the new pond for some topwater this eve if the wind will allow if not gonna hit it hard with some conventional stuff see if I can find some bigguns in the new water topwater sat anyone?

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Thinkin about an eve run to the new pond for some topwater this eve if the wind will allow if not gonna hit it hard with some conventional stuff see if I can find some bigguns in the new water topwater sat anyone?

I would but it's UFC night. Good luck!!!

C
colbypearson
too bad we live so far away im down to fish anytime anyday! lol

the only time i can say i can't go fishing is when im already going fishing.

J
jawjacker
Dang I would have loved to have gone but I already tapped into the adult beverages so Im not going anywere. Hope ya get a hawg

F
Finneus Polebender
jawjacker said:
Dang I would have loved to have gone but I already tapped into the adult beverages so Im not going anywere. Hope ya get a hawg

No hawgs but a bucket load of feeders got one 7in bluegill too ended up at the tractor pond. They were tubing the big pond tonight doing laps so I am gonna be there at dawn unless they camp. If so will head to the new pond.

T
tomriker
im heading out myself right now :)

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
im heading out myself right now :)

Should be good nothin big my way but a ton of pesky 10-12 " ones pecking me to death caught 1 about 1.5 lb only one I got to stick and it was early so I figured I would wait for a big one to take a pic. Let us know the tally.

T
tomriker
caught this little fella at about 11 oclock thismorning on a hula popper on the first cast with it!
9303_10150276537827634_541097633_8119075_4284893_o.jpg

T
TTFishon
Nice one TR! That water looks sweet!

J
jawjacker
caught this little fella at about 11 oclock thismorning on a hula popper on the first cast with it!
Thats a good looking little fella way to go hula dancer.