Steelhead around Portland query

T
tonyv138
Hello,
I hope to get some info on steelhead flyfishing around Portland area.
I live in Texas, but come to Portland area to visit relatives. This time I want to plan the trip around winter Steelhead flyfishing. What would be the best time of the year to come? What would be the gear needed? Flies( i tie my own), etc.
Is anyone interested in going together.
Are there good and reasonable priced guides?
could i get ponters please.

Thanks

T
tonyv138
i'll give this forum one more attempt. just booked tickets to fly in on 28th of May for a week. Will be staying in Vancouver, Wa. Tips on Flyfishing for fishing I never tried before steelhead, salmon, or good trout fishery would be appreciated.

H
halibuthitman
Get up tomorrow and call ed fast, 503-449-0196.. Ed is the most guide you can get for your money, i tell him all the time he is giving his trips away, but he just keeps charging jack sqaut. Even if you dont go with him he will talk with ypu and point you in the right direction, hes really a down to earth guy- have a good trip-

T
tonyv138
halibuthitman said:
Get up tomorrow and call ed fast, 503-449-0196.. Ed is the most guide you can get for your money, i tell him all the time he is giving his trips away, but he just keeps charging jack sqaut. Even if you dont go with him he will talk with ypu and point you in the right direction, hes really a down to earth guy- have a good trip-

Thank you!

C
ChezJfrey
halibuthitman said:

I will add another recommendation for Ed. He guides and instructs, but you get to do all the fishing, so a better way to learn. You can ask all kinds of questions about technique, holding water, river stretches, approaches, run timing and where, etc. and he will divulge just about everything. Super fun, relaxed, and great guy to fish with, too.