Around Salem

S
steelhead_slayer
I just found out starting this June I will be working in Salem for the summer. I will be traveling between Bend and Salem during that time. I would appreciate any info on what I can fish for between here, there, and anywhere around that area. We can trade info also. I also like meeting up and fishing with people from the forums. Thanks in advance for any info. PM's welcome.

brandon4455
brandon4455
pm sent

jamisonace
jamisonace
Come through Eugene and we can chase some summer steelhead.

troutdude
troutdude
Summer Steel, on the N. Santiam, Springers/Steel, on the S. Santiam (if you take that route). Trout at Big Cliff, and Detroit Reservoirs (and Brietenbush River Arm of Detroit). Trout at Carmen Reservoir (upper McKenzie system, just below Clear Lake). Many other small lakes and reservoirs; take your pic!

As far as fishing around the Bend area; their are DOZENS of awesome lakes and streams! Here's something that should help:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/where_how/docs/50_in_60_bend.pdf

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
thanks for pointing out all those spots. I look forward to giving them a try. You're right there is some amazing fishing here around bend. My problem every year is choosing between which ones I can and can't do.

S
steelhead_slayer
jamisonace said:
Come through Eugene and we can chase some summer steelhead.

Thanks, jamisonace I'm looking forward to it.

S
Steeliekiller
The n santiam below big cliff is a great hole for summers/ springers and all down the river has great water good luck on your travels

S
steelhead_slayer
I'll definitely check that out. Maybe I'll see you out there?

S
Steeliekiller
Maybe, I'm a weekend warrior for now.

S
steelhead_slayer
Thanks everyone. I think I'll make a few trips to some coastal stems also if somethings around then.