Reedsport 08-24-2011

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice pics jigs. I really like the 2 of the monster chinook we got. remember that time we almost collided with that hog line while i was cutting bait? where was your pup at with her concerns then?

J
JeannaJigs
On the Columbia? I don't think she was born yet? Lol or at least she was teeny tiny and I didn't have her yet. She woulda been concerned!!! Lol

M
MCKENZIE STEEL
niiiiiice! we'll be down sunday morning, ........... full report to come!

how was the seal prescence?

T
Thuggin4Life
Out in full force. And at it again today.

D
DYJ
How was it out there Saturday, Andy? What about Sunday, Mckenzie Steel? We left Eugene early sunday and hit the water down there around 0dark 30. Trolled with 100 other boats until 1:30 and hung it up for beers at the water front. We didn't even get a sniff and only saw 1 fish netted...

M
MCKENZIE STEEL
well, pops and i were on the water for 6 hours with about 2.3million other boats and didn't even get so much as a takedown or a hit but it loooked like the seals were plenty fat
i only saw one other boat fighting a fish, and only one boat(out of the 25 i asked) said they had fish on board

T
Thuggin4Life
I seen a hanfull caught saturday. we had two good solid takedowns. I also boated another herring and a sculpin. My buddies were in another boat and they got 4. I fished from dark until dark.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Not what I'd like to hear from down there. Nice job on getting out though.

T
Thuggin4Life
Think it has to do with the later incoming tides not being at dark 30.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Well Ill have two rods down there for a long day. Im excited either way.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats funny I seen a guy down there all by himself trolling to rods plain as day as if nothing was wrong.

R
RunWithSasquatch
haha, well mine has another man assigned to it...

But he had is two rod license :doh:

M
mosd
correction andy, we went 3 for 11 (one jack, a mega jack an 20lb hen) that day an gave one away to a seal late in the afternoon (saturday) an sunday had main motor issues but got that fixed last night, ill have a full boat for this coming saturdays trip down there..

T
Thuggin4Life
NIce still better than me. even the seal did better than me that day. good ou got the boat fixed. gonna do a half day on the slaw saturday and then a normal dark till dark trip sunday down there.

P
plumb2fish
We should have boated at least one more fish on Saturday, but I must not have gotten my buddies 40lb leader moist enough when I pulled the knot tight cause it broke there....or it could have sawn off on the boat when I missed it with the net...either way...I failed.....really don't think it was my knot, as the seal couldn't break one until it wrapped me around something on the bottom of the bay....