Bank fishing on the Clackamas

Q
Quizzrules
Does anyone know of any good bank fishing spots on the upper Clackamas? I've been going to Meldrum Bar Park but I have had no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

C
chrisohm
Hmm...what species? I'm guessing salmon/steelhead...chime in you bankers! I don't have as much experience here as some members do of the clack. Give us a species and see what happens! I can say that there are some steep hikes and decent holes in the upper Clack and you should check out a few holes around McIver park. One is a fun little whirlpool at the mouth of Dog Creek and the other ones are next to the dam on either side. Riverside maybe...Barton could do the job with waders. Carver by the bridge but still the best is a book called, "Fishing in Oregon". It is a wonderful resource and gives you some map locations to guide your journey. One more thought, you are in Gladstone and possibly close to High Rocks/Cross Park. Bobber or drift fishing seems to work for some people. You can get into some decent action with pikeminnow and trout too.

M
metalfisher76
There are parks lined up the clack. Use them, fish them...love them...:) chirsohm is dead on with his advise. Go early! The kids/swimmers are not good for the bite. Although it can be done.

Q
Quizzrules
chrisohm said:
Hmm...what species? I'm guessing salmon/steelhead...chime in you bankers! I don't have as much experience here as some members do of the clack. Give us a species and see what happens! I can say that there are some steep hikes and decent holes in the upper Clack and you should check out a few holes around McIver park. One is a fun little whirlpool at the mouth of Dog Creek and the other ones are next to the dam on either side. Riverside maybe...Barton could do the job with waders. Carver by the bridge but still the best is a book called, "Fishing in Oregon". It is a wonderful resource and gives you some map locations to guide your journey. One more thought, you are in Gladstone and possibly close to High Rocks/Cross Park. Bobber or drift fishing seems to work for some people. You can get into some decent action with pikeminnow and trout too.

Ok I will probably try McIver and High Rocks... Thanks

N
nativefish
get out there and explore, u will be rewarded in a month once the coho have shown up

Q
Quizzrules
K... Thank You