Are Salish Ponds still accessible from the parks' parking area?

P
psguardian
I know ODFW has stopped stocking the deep pond, but are the panfish still in the shallow side? Or have they locked down the entire park already?

~psguardian

W
waco
Locked down!!! No fishing until next year! The city is doing something there!!!

P
psguardian
Bummer. I was hoping they had just canceled the stocker truck & blocked Glisan parking strip. Know of any other easy access 'spur of the moment' type spots in the area that I could walk a 3 & 6 yr old into without paying to park?

~psguardian

D
Drew9870
psguardian said:
Bummer. I was hoping they had just canceled the stocker truck & blocked Glisan parking strip. Know of any other easy access 'spur of the moment' type spots in the area that I could walk a 3 & 6 yr old into without paying to park?

~psguardian

Try Google Maps, I use it when I need to scout from home. Hope it helps, Good Luck!

X
x1hunter89
i see people in their fishing when i drive by not a lot but 1 or 2 yesterday i saw 4 people around 3pm fishing

C
Callaway
hey buddy i was just there last weekend before i realized it was really dead and called the confirmation number and figured it all out but your answer is YES
you can still get in there with a parking spot free and open
if you turn by that gas station or whatever it is at the light before salish on the street everybody normally parks on, then there is a school down there or an administrative building for a school im not 100% on that
but if you drive into the parking lot and follow it around as far back as you can with conjuction of where the ponds are located theres a little side lot attached to the main lot that you can park in and theres two trail entrances that join to one trail and that is the trail that is on the backside of the west pond from the normal parking strip
hope this wasn't confusing and helps lord knows ive been itching for a decent warm water fish too

S
Slash
"Update"

There building accessible platforms for people with disabilities.

B
BigMuskie
Shoreline Trashed....

Shoreline Trashed....

This was a great place, It is closed so they can repair the shoreline or (Mud line) at the ponds, it has been dammaged from over use and the water quality is getting too bad for stocking fish.

This place has really went down hill over the years...it's a dangerous deep rock quary with a slippery steep muddy shoreline. Don't fall in on some sides you can't really get out...Caution with bringing Kids without life jackets.

C
Callaway
as much as i hate to say this, i hope when they re-open it they police the place a LOT more,
i paid for my two pole stamp but when you go there and see 30 people with 3 or 4 poles per person AND theyre leaving theyre trash and crap behind, its just sad is all i can really say about it.
i know its the place to go to get a pretty much gauranteed trout but come on