Pontoon parts/accessories

T
Tbone31
I have a 9ft pontoon that I have used pretty heavily this year, and would like to replace some key parts (Oar Locks, grips, ect.). I have checked @ Cabelas, Dicks, Bi-mart with no luck. I am even having a hard time finding a wide selection online. Does anyone know a good place, either locally in the Eugene/Springfield area, or a good website to order replacement parts or additional accessories?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum as of today... I am looking forward to being a member!

M
Markcanby
What brand? I know Creek Company has a great parts/accessories list.

T
Tbone31
I have the Wilderness brand from Costco... I imagine many of the parts would be interchangable between brands? Any thoguhts?

M
Markcanby
Hard to say but this one of the reasons I dont understand people going out buying these Bi-Mart,Costco Walmart toons. I paid 189$ for my ODC Sports an any part I need I can go to there website an buy it.

T
Tbone31
thanks for the quick reply... however, I didn't join this this forum to have my choice of equipment criticized... does anyone else have a suggestion on where to find pontoon parts and accessories??

C
capblack
the only way to find out would be to buy the parts that are available online for the other brands and try them on yours. most of the parts are probably interchangable. Brian

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum! Like you said,a lot of the parts are interchangeable, my best advice is to check out the various brands online and call the service departments to see if maybe they are the parent company or if their parts will work for you. I don't know if the marine or sporting goods stores would be of help,but it would be a good idea to check with them,also. Maybe Craigslist or eBay can help. Hope you get it back in the water ASAP.

B
bernduffy
If you can get up to the Portland area, Andy & Bax (on SE Grand) has the best inflatables dept. But of course not sure what your toon's fittings are. Best of luck.

M
Modest_Man
I have an extra pair of Sawyer Cobra mini oar locks with a 1/2" diameter 3" long shaft. Best oar locks you can get, I just upgraded to the full size for my larger cataraft.

Retail seems to be $60 for a pair, I could sell you the pair for $40 shipped.

J
joesnuffy
Welcome to the forum. I doubt you'll find anything specific to your toon but I've seen stuff at BiMart that would work on some toons, but not all. You'll just need to look around a bit.

Congrats on the purchase and happy fishing.