Lake Selmac question

G
gloomis85
I have heard that recently night time boating was banned is this true? If so that's sucks and the need to change that soon lol I Was looking forward to some night topwater action down that way.

Reactions: bigsteel
F
Finneus Polebender
gloomis85 said:
I have heard that recently night time boating was banned is this true? If so that's sucks and the need to change that soon lol I Was looking forward to some night topwater action down that way.

Was out there doing that last week this time, and so were a few others, so would come as news to me.

C
colbypearson
the caretaker supposedly banned it, idk how his double wide trailer parked at the boat ramp qualifies him to make the rules LMAO, im probably missing something but i might go up there anyways, maybe launch at the other ramp :/

T
tonedef89
colbypearson said:
the caretaker supposedly banned it, idk how his double wide trailer parked at the boat ramp qualifies him to make the rules LMAO, im probably missing something but i might go up there anyways, maybe launch at the other ramp :/

I can't believe that The Dude (guy is a clone of Jeff Bridges in Big Lebowski) would have banned it. I camped there for a few days in May and he did absolutely nothing about the woman that was out of it (tweaker) and would drive loops around the campground in the middle of the night blasting her radio and revving her engine. She wasn't even camping there! And we were in the spot right at the boat ramp so there is no way he didn't know it was going on. And there was a kegger that weekend that involved him driving around drunk kids on his tailgate all night. I find it hard to believe that people on the lake at night are any more of a risk than that.

C
colbypearson
tonedef89 said:
I can't believe that The Dude (guy is a clone of Jeff Bridges in Big Lebowski) would have banned it. I camped there for a few days in May and he did absolutely nothing about the woman that was out of it (tweaker) and would drive loops around the campground in the middle of the night blasting her radio and revving her engine. She wasn't even camping there! And we were in the spot right at the boat ramp so there is no way he didn't know it was going on. And there was a kegger that weekend that involved him driving around drunk kids on his tailgate all night. I find it hard to believe that people on the lake at night are any more of a risk than that.

Welcome to Selma LMFAO! im not sure what the deal is maybe someone should contact someone who could actually govern over the fishing regulations, to make sure, the story i heard sounds like the care taker is on his high horse.

F
Finneus Polebender
Like I said peeps out every night we were there many had their boats right at camp we put in 3 different nights by the double wide and were never stopped.