Good jetty/beach spots this time of year?

N
nicholas
Hey, I am a complete newbie to saltwater fishing, and have been wanting to try it for a while. Does anyone know anywhere I can have a decent chance of catching something without a boat this time of year? Thanks in advance.

O
ol tymer
beach/jetty

beach/jetty

nicholas said:
Hey, I am a complete newbie to saltwater fishing, and have been wanting to try it for a while. Does anyone know anywhere I can have a decent chance of catching something without a boat this time of year? Thanks in advance.

Depends on where you live as I don't know any areas north of say Reedsport. I've been trying beaches & jetties in Coos Bay. If you live close to here, let me know and I'll tell you what I've been able
to find out about this areas fishing.

N
nicholas
I live in Portland, so it would be a little to far for me to make it out there anytime soon. Thanks anyway.

D
DrTheopolis
From Portland, your best jetty bet is always going to be Barview at Tillamook Bay. Go toss jigs or bait. With it being stormy, I'd stay further inside (the jetty is very long, and there will be fish the length of it). Take 101 north from Tillamook, and take a left at the Barview Store.

Do a forum search for more info on techniques and whatnot. There might even be a member here who might work at a sporting goods store that might set you up pretty well.

N
nicholas
Thanks.

R
rainORsnow1
I usually fish the north jetty in illwacco and the south in Hammond. Both great fishing with lots of area to cover, ocean and river.
Watch the weather report wherever you go and avoid rainy days. Unless you like having bruised hips and twisted ankles.
Good luck out there and be safe!