Topwater

F
Finneus Polebender
Finally gettin some on and off again topwater action ,mostly off but has been fun when it turns on ! Got the ol dahlberg frog tatered again last night but just like the previous two times the fish was just too small to swallow the bait fish 3 FP 0 on the ol frog. Anyone else gettin any topwater luv lately?

Reactions: bigsteel and n8r1
R
ryan808
We`ll findout this weekend .....

Reactions: n8r1
L
lilsalmon
had a nice trout take my fly right out of the air on the middle fork willamette last weekend....had a witness too..it was sweet. Good luck this weekend FP

T
tomriker
F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Crossin my fingers

Well TT had the shot tonight after we both got hammered topwater by 6 " bass at the Tractor pond we moved to the little pond and his first cast topwater with the ol bait of confidence just off the mat nice 1-2 lber slams it had him on for a sec then gone . Have not had a chance to check the mornin topwater yet hope it is as good as the eves have been lately.

P
PARTYBOY
I am mostly a top water fisherman...i have luck almost every time i go out

F
Finneus Polebender
PARTYBOY said:
I am mostly a top water fisherman...i have luck almost every time i go out

Should be prime time right now but this year has been so weird. Man got hammered on tonight went 3for7 only one of size and lost him to the weeds but they were really movin/chasin gotta try before dawn tomorrow.

Last edited:
T
tonedef89
Missed a few on a buzzbait and a frog tonight but came back a little later with plastics and hooked up. I have yet to get the hang of hooking fish on frogs. I know what I'm supposed to do but my mind and hands don't want to seem to work together when the fish hammer them. With buzzbaits I try to do the look for the next cast while reeling in thing so I don't react too fast and that works.

R
ryan808
The frog can be tricky, the key for me is waiting till I see the frog drop in the water, if it doesn't pop back up the second it sinks then I set the hook. You can always put a trailer hook on the frog to get a better hookset.

F
Finneus Polebender
One last warm up tonight at dusk then we will give it our best shot basstopia sunrise! its been a long time since I have caught a buzz bait fish ,if they are in the mood tomorrow may have to throw one at least for a bit. Good idea on the trailer too might make the diff.

Last edited:
T
tomriker
Me thinks this overcast is going to hurt our chances

S
sherman
It's calling for 74* & partly cloudy in your neck of the woods tomorrow. Good luck at basstopia.

So a trailer hook would that be riged similar to a kokeanee double hook?

T
tomriker
We are going at 430 in the morning Sherman, i doubt it'll be 74 and partly Sunny :)

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Me thinks this overcast is going to hurt our chances

Well 0 for 2 tonight little dudes ,topwater things have slowed with the cooler weather . Might still get the reaction strike , but if cloudy kills the topwater it may just bring on a deep/ finese bite either way should be the best time for whatever bite is there.

F
Finneus Polebender
Wow what a day thanks again to TR ! Started out a bit iffy when the pre dawn attack proved futile . Once light broke with a couple switch ups we were able to start pullin a topwater bite . Think I hooked up first with a rage toad "went 4 for 6 with them got one snapped off 50lb braid". Then TT proceeded to some worm and just hammered them think he got most and big fish today 6-7 one over 5lbs . The host pulled 4-5 I think with my total being 5 largest 1oz shy of 5 lb. Got my first money hound taterin , watched TT drill a nice one with a buzz bait , and saw my first dahlberg frog catch . Bass went down on poppers, spros , jigs, brushhogs,yep it was basstopia ! Enuff for now thanks again TR for the topwater fix, and here is the pics.... 016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

Reactions: colt
F
Finneus Polebender
Last few pics....023.jpg022.jpg019.jpg020.jpg021.jpg

Reactions: colt
T
TTFishon
Yeah, thanks again TR. I had a great time! :D

T
tomriker
those are some fat looking fish! good job guys :) i was really supprised that we were still getting topwater action at noon

S
sherman
The polebender team showing us bass enthusiast how it's done. Way to slay them guys.

T
tomriker
The pond is still looking like glass even at almost 10 am, I caught the topwater bug again this year and I think I'll sneak out tonight afterwork for some dusk topwater and maybe even tomorrow morning at dawn before work :)