The temporary death of a most loved friend........

L
lilsalmon
It died today......bigsteel and I went fishing up the Santiam....first the LNF where we both caught a lot of trout....then the swimmers came...grrrr. Headed to Kimmel Park in Mill City...more success....Then nature called....I rush up the bank, across the field, into the bathroom....bang...the door slams on my rod.....check it and I thought it was okay. We then headed to Stayton bridge....cast # 1 fish hitting fly...cast #2....fish hitting fly....cast #3......shirt!!!! Rod breaks.....

My 6 wt rod I have had since day one a year and a half ago...that has blessed me with many fish small and big....its dead.......traveled with me everywhere...it lies dormant in the tube.....I am sooo sad....:(:(:(:(

I did catch 2 trout on a very short fly rod with the end sticking out of my waders....hey I wasn't ready to call it a day yet.....still sad though

E
eggs
Nooooooooooooo :( sorry to hear about your rod!

On a side note I heard the new Echo Carbon is a bad ass rod for the money.

L
lilsalmon
That looks like a nice rod but it will have to wait.....I am going to see if I can get this one fixed....I used a Redington on the Williamson...that was a sweet rod, but it was a very expensive one too. Note to self, when I get a job...buy a new rod...hehe

S
SALTYFISH
Sorry to hear about your baby.Time heals all pain.

L
lilsalmon
SALTYFISH said:
Sorry to hear about your baby.Time heals all pain.

It gave me a tummy ache....need ice cream...:yay:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
SHIPOOPY!!! Not the best friend rod!?! I remember the two of us giggling at the guy at EE Wilson each time he tried to cast his fly & it went about eight feet. Neither of us had the guts to try it but,we were "Lakeside Experts" and thought we might try it someday. Look at you now,a "Fly Mistress"!! You can get in touch with Autofisher and get one of mine any time. Don't want to add more stress to your life by being without a rod. Give me a çall for his number.

T
troutmaster101
lilsalmon said:
It died today......bigsteel and I went fishing up the Santiam....first the LNF where we both caught a lot of trout....then the swimmers came...grrrr. Headed to Kimmel Park in Mill City...more success....Then nature called....I rush up the bank, across the field, into the bathroom....bang...the door slams on my rod.....check it and I thought it was okay. We then headed to Stayton bridge....cast # 1 fish hitting fly...cast #2....fish hitting fly....cast #3......shirt!!!! Rod breaks.....

My 6 wt rod I have had since day one a year and a half ago...that has blessed me with many fish small and big....its dead.......traveled with me everywhere...it lies dormant in the tube.....I am sooo sad....:(:(:(:(

I did catch 2 trout on a very short fly rod with the end sticking out of my waders....hey I wasn't ready to call it a day yet.....still sad though

i feel your pain! yesterday i was salmon fishing and a pole my grampa gave casted fine for 20 or so cast even got through a couple snags, then a bit and bam snaps in three yep three pieces. sorry to hear yours was broke too!

B
bigsteel
Rose it was sad to see it brake but you did great flinging the 6 foot piece that was left of it...that is a very generous gesture from sinkline as well.:clap::clap::clap:

S
Spydeyrch
I feel your pain lilsalmon! :D I broke my rod a few months back too. I hope you can get it fixed soon for Friday and Saturday.

I have two other rods, each 7wt, that I might be able to bring with me if you would like to use one of them Just let me know.

Take care.

-Spydey

L
lilsalmon
Sinkline said:
Rose, I am very sorry to hear ya broke your favorite rod. :(

I'll make ya an offer if you are interested. If you are not interested I understand. I will give you (free) a brand new, never used, 9' 6wt. 2-piece W.W. Grigg rod if you feel it will work for your needs??? It is old school (what I like), IM6 medium action and not one of the rocket fast actions many seem to like today. It has no rod tube with it.

Let me know if you think you are interested, and I won't be offended if you are not. :cool:

Randy

Wow, everybody here is so awesome. Randy....your offer is very very generous. I will take you up on it but we will really need to work something out. I will send PM.

Thank you all for caring. I am hoping at some point I can get it fixed. It has way to many memories...like the 18 lb steel.....Thanks again everyone

E
eggs
hang it on your wall!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Reactions: capblack
L
lilsalmon
Sinkline said:
Rose, I just returned your PM but if you were planning on fishing tomorrow and the following day I'll get ya this rod tonite, no hassle for me at all. Please call me as per the PM and I'll get ya this "lucky" rod. :lol:

Randy

Thanks Randy. You are awesome!!!! Lookin forward to meeting you.

B
beaverfan
I'm sorry for your loss. You aren't the only one going through it though. I must have had a nick in her, went to cast a K9 Kwikfish and the top 8inches of my favorite rod snapped off. =0( I miss her so much!!!!!!!!!!

O
OnTheFly
:( Bad news Rose but look on the bright side....it could have happened at the start of the season.

L
lilsalmon
beaverfan said:
I'm sorry for your loss. You aren't the only one going through it though. I must have had a nick in her, went to cast a K9 Kwikfish and the top 8inches of my favorite rod snapped off. =0( I miss her so much!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss also....it does suck. I hope you can replace it soon.

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
:( Bad news Rose but look on the bright side....it could have happened at the start of the season.

Very true......I have the 4 wt but it is really flippy and good for only dry fly and had planned on using it this weekend. I will have one tonight thanks to Randy.....there are so many great people here on this forum....

D
Drew9870
Sinkline said:
Rose, I am very sorry to hear ya broke your favorite rod. :(

I'll make ya an offer if you are interested. If you are not interested I understand. I will give you (free) a brand new, never used, 9' 6wt. 2-piece W.W. Grigg rod if you feel it will work for your needs??? It is old school (what I like), IM6 medium action and not one of the rocket fast actions many seem to like today. It has no rod tube with it.

Let me know if you think you are interested, and I won't be offended if you are not. :cool:

Randy

This is the rod I use, mine is a 5/6wt, but I would be just as dissapointed as Rose if my Grigg broke, I love the action on it.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats too bad. good thing it didn't happen battleing a fish of a lifetime.

L
lilsalmon
Got the new rod...I am in business for this weekend....Thank you so much Randy and I will send you a pic of the first fish