First Senko bass

B
Berg03
My brother kept telling me to use a Senko. It was my third cast out when I caught this litle guy. I had multiple other big bites just could not hook em, my question is how long after feeling them grab it should I try and set the hook? Should I set it as soon as the pull it? Or give them a second to take more in there mouth?

T
TTFishon
I like to give them a second or two. Maybe reel in the slack a little bit then set the hook.

B
Berg03
Alright will do, that little guy just tried to eat the entire thing lol.

F
Finneus Polebender
Berg03 said:
Alright will do, that little guy just tried to eat the entire thing lol.

Yup as with most plastics they seem to hang on must be that soft texture, every now and then they will bump and run but most of the time they just want to engulf things!

R
ryan808
I set the hook once i feel the fish, but like TT said, reel the slack in first. If you see you line moving, just the hook and reach for the sky.

Last edited:
B
Berg03
Alright. I am gonna go again sometime this week, if I can get some good ones I'll post some pics :D

S
SinBreed
great job dude! i jus caught my 1st using a senko as well. great feeling :)

B
Berg03
It really is, I am looking for some spots to fish the willamette with it near Salem area, anyone know some good spots they would like to share with me? :D I have fished the slough off river road a ton and I plan on using it there, just wondering anyother spots.

Thanks