Topwater

R
ryan808
Here are more pics of a great day fishing... thanks again Chris.

• 100_0084.JPG
  • 100_0083.JPG
  • 100_0085.JPG
  • 100_0086.JPG
  • 100_0088 (2).JPG
  • 100_0080.JPG
T
tomriker
Anyone else think the fishes color looks pretty dark?

H
Hawk
Well Done, BRo's.

:clap::clap::clap:
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:
:dance::dance:

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
sherman
In my best Jeff Foxworthy voice: You might be a bassaholic if you go after bass before & after work.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Anyone else think the fishes color looks pretty dark?

I noticed the one I caught here to start the selmac thread seemed darker too might be the warm water?

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
It's calling for 74* & partly cloudy in your neck of the woods tomorrow. Good luck at basstopia.

So a trailer hook would that be riged similar to a kokeanee double hook?

could be set up like that just helps to get the leg grabbers

T
tomriker
But with a trailer hook exept in certain situations you're just going to hook the little ones that are grabbing the legs, the big guys won't be shy, they will eat the bait

D
Darthbeans
From what i gather and have seen first hand the fish color has a lot to do with where they spend most of thier time...i have got some that were almost brown from being under algae mats all day. But i think water clarity has a vit to do with it too.

T
TTFishon
ryan808 said:
Here are more pics of a great day fishing... thanks again Chris.

Gotta love the kid pics!

R
ryan808
TTFishon said:
Gotta love the kid pics!

It made his day, he finally caught something that faught back

R
ryan808
TTFishon said:
Gotta love the kid pics!

It made his day, he finally caught something that faught back

F
Finneus Polebender
Went 1 for 3 last night little 1lber gonna see if they are interested tonight on the movin baits. Well 1 for 4 tonight with the one being just under 2 lbs fought bigger though just hammered the bait of confidence topwater. Gonna go see if the stingy ol big pond will kick any larger ones out topwater in the mornin anyone into some topwater?

Last edited:
J
jawjacker
Hawgs on Frogz

Hawgs on Frogz

IMG_0392 (620x800).jpgIMG_0214 (800x600).jpgIMG_0391 (800x600).jpgWent 2 for 3 friday night on a Spro king daddy frog in rainforest black. Chucked it on my 8' 6" mag-heavy GL2 HSR 1025C & 80lb tuff line worked like a charm. can't belive I didn't think of using my salmon stick before to fish for bass. I have been chucking a paycheck baits transporter frog on a 7' MH Z Bone with 50lb braid most the summer and catching my share of 3-5lbers but the big boys have been able to pull free until now. A long powerfull rod & 50lb+braid is the gear you need if your serious about frog fishing. Spro, Deps, snag proof & paycheck baits make some of the best frogs in my opinion and dark colors such as black or brown is were its at

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice ! they are all over the frogs right now ! had the dahlberg hit tonight again .

B
Berg03
Great catches guys. Thanks for sharing the pics I love em.

F
Finneus Polebender
Man talk about the agony of defeat ! Hit the big pond tonight for some topwater and imediatly started gettin hammered on the rage toad by the little guys . One after another I would miss the little buggers tuggin on them frog feet . Was about a half an hour in when about 20yrds from shore and about 20 yrds from my boat the ol rage toad goes down again. Set the hook and bam the ol st croix bends over the cinched down drag on my curado starts giving line as my line heads for the shallows , pulling the rod tip high I started horseing managing to retrieve line till my line was almost straight up and down the rod tip thrashing down with every headshake. commenced to deep sea mode pulled her upp and reeled down twice hard and there she blew my biggest bass of the year right off the left toon just out of reach I looked her in the eye! she had to be close to 7 lbs my heart was now going 90 mph as I watch her turn her head and dive once again though the braid held the drag gave and she made a ferocious run towards shore . Then even though I could almost sense it coming there was nothin I could do the line stopped and even though I re gained tension in a split second I new it was over when she came tight without a headshake the ***** had took me to her snag and wrapped me . after just a few seconds of anxious constant pressure wham free line she was gone . heart still pounding head hung low I started to realize How close I had come to my best fish of the year ..........then I thought wow at least I now know they are there not just tales they are there and as stingy as she may have been this year the prizes are there for those who put in the time !!!!! you can bet where I am gonna be for the next few evenings as long as this weather holds. did manage to pull 2 tonight after loosing hawgzilla 1-2 lb range . Plus I know where she hides now !

Last edited:
J
jawjacker
Man talk about the agony of defeat ! Hit the big pond tonight for some topwater and imediatly started gettin hammered on the rage toad by the little guys . One after another I would miss the little buggers tuggin on them frog feet . Was about a half an hour in when about 20yrds from shore and about 20 yrds from my boat the ol rage toad goes down again. Set the hook and bam the ol st croix bends over the cinched down drag on my curado starts giving line as my line heads for the shallows , pulling the rod tip high I started horseing managing to retrieve line till my line was almost straight up and down the rod tip thrashing down with every headshake. commenced to deep sea mode pulled her upp and reeled down twice hard and there she blew my biggest bass of the year right off the left toon just out of reach I looked her in the eye! she had to be close to 7 lbs my heart was now going 90 mph as I watch her turn her head and dive once again though the braid held the drag gave and she made a ferocious run towards shore . Then even though I could almost sense it coming there was nothin I could do the line stopped and even though I re gained tension in a split second I new it was over when she came tight without a headshake the ***** had took me to her snag and wrapped me . after just a few seconds of anxious constant pressure wham free line she was gone . heart still pounding head hung low I started to realize How close I had come to my best fish of the year ..........then I thought wow at least I now know they are there not just tales they are there and as stingy as she may have been this year the prizes are there for those who put in the time !!!!! you can bet where I am gonna be for the next few evenings as long as this weather holds. did manage to pull 2 tonight after loosing hawgzilla 1-2 lb range . Plus I know where she hides now !
[video]http://youtu.be/EU2XKZiYAS4[/video]Thats what keeps ya comming back.

T
TTFishon
I feel your pain. lol

C
colbypearson
jawjacker said:
[video]http://youtu.be/EU2XKZiYAS4[/video]Thats what keeps ya comming back.

LOL that was a whopper of a hookset, notttt LMFAO, its a t-rigged hyper freak not a crankbait!, losing big fish like that sucks though. you know where she lives FP!

heres the agony of defeat- matt allen with an 11.5lbr he lands his but last fall i lost one in my hands this big... in oregon. heart stopper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6wCidR6S9A&feature=related

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
LOL that was a whopper of a hookset, notttt LMFAO, its a t-rigged hyper freak not a crankbait!, losing big fish like that sucks though. you know where she lives FP!

heres the agony of defeat- matt allen with an 11.5lbr he lands his but last fall i lost one in my hands this big... in oregon. heart stopper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6wCidR6S9A&feature=related

Just got hooked up with another private pond to fish close here hit 2 tonight 1lber on a rage toad and a 2 lber on a mission fish the place is cool supposed to have some hawgs and is the one loaded with the channel cats up to 20 lb too. If ya make it back up here this fall youll have to check it out.