Early spring

F
FG_Fishing8
What are people catching bass on right now with this cold water? Largemouth or Smallmouth

B
Bassaholic
I've been catching huge large mouth on just a Texas rig with a Yami plastic worm and gami 3/0 hook in fact I caught a little guy on my first cast at Huddleston pond I'd try something weedless that gets deep also that fits the water color :) hope you luck

B
bakercity
What are you calling cold water?:confused-new:

F
FG_Fishing8
Water is mid 40's

B
bakercity
FG_Fishing8 said:
Water is mid 40's
That is pretty cold but it's doable. I've been fishing a couple of farm ponds over in the eastern part of the state. The pond water is a little warmer than what you've got. I'm using plastics from the bank but finding the subtle bites very soft and very few. Small Gene Larew craws in dark colors and 4" worms are working but it's taking lots of patients.

Good luck :thumb:

O
oregonbassmaster
Try fishing jerkbaits and even some crank baits. Those are my go to's in cold water. My favorite retreive with the jerk bait in cold water is two really hard agressive jerks and a long pause. The colder it is the more agressive I fish it.

B
bakercity
oregonbassmaster said:
Try fishing jerkbaits and even some crank baits. Those are my go to's in cold water. My favorite retreive with the jerk bait in cold water is two really hard agressive jerks and a long pause. The colder it is the more agressive I fish it.

Give me some ideas on jerks for east side farm ponds
thanks