The temporary death of a most loved friend........

B
bigsteel
sinkline,you are a very generous guy to offer your rod to rose to use,,,,you are awesome:clap::clap::clap:

T
Trout
You might try and build a rod. Not very difficult really - might save a few dollars. I built a 7wt lamiglass about 6yrs ago. I hope to build a 4wt over the Winter.

L
lilsalmon
Trout said:
You might try and build a rod. Not very difficult really - might save a few dollars. I built a 7wt lamiglass about 6yrs ago. I hope to build a 4wt over the Winter.

K...will put in my order...:D

Actually the rod Sinkline generously shared worked great....when I get back from school clothes shopping with my son I will post a few pics from the weekend :dance:

S
skunk
Sinkline said:
Rose, I am very sorry to hear ya broke your favorite rod. :(

I'll make ya an offer if you are interested. If you are not interested I understand. I will give you (free) a brand new, never used, 9' 6wt. 2-piece W.W. Grigg rod if you feel it will work for your needs??? It is old school (what I like), IM6 medium action and not one of the rocket fast actions many seem to like today. It has no rod tube with it.

Nice Randy, that rod is right up my alley. I use the same thing and even though its not the newest, I catch plenty o fish on it. Seems like it just fits like an old shoe now. I love it. I want a new one but am afraid I'd still pick up the Grigg when I head out the door. Some day I'll switch but not anytime soon. (not taking you up on the offer of course, just love the rod)

L
lilsalmon
so we get to the campsite and after unloading everything I pull out "the rod." I explained to my Cortland reel what was going on and that I would have to attach her to a new rod. They bonded great and the fishing began.....

okay, Randy, as promised here is the first fishy caught on "the rod." The picture isn't very good but I didn't want to hurt the little guy. I was so excited when I got the first one....woot woot.

1st one....a nice little trout
6043967883_eb9b6b904b_m.jpg

2nd one....a little cutty
6043964333_d5918880d6_m.jpg

There was approximately 30 some fish after that...some small some a little bigger, the biggest being about 10 inches....what a great weekend. Thanks again Sinkline.....I have made another new friend who is good people and I hope to fish with you soon.

edit: BTW...it is a great nymphing rod too

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
I am glad you found a use for the basket...sounds perfect. Hope you had a nice time on the water.