Lookout is terrible bank fishing lake

U
usmc-recon
Thuggin4Life said:
I neve had good luck bank fishing any of the local reservoirs. I do however have great luck ussing my boat. sometimes its trickery than others once the lake is full and the water temp shoots up. I have heard many rumors for the lake this is what i know... here are big trout and landlocked chinook salmon in the lake to be caught but ussually most of us just get the small ones. I seem to get into the slightly bigger than average trout but i have my local trolling methods down to a science. there are bass to be had along with crappie and i would asume some gills. walleye yes but very rare and then the everage bottom fish. If you pulled a carp out of there it wouldn't suprise me. can't wait for the lake to receded and the temp to drop. hopefully im not to busy salmon fishing to miss out on the fall trout action in the receding local reservoirs. the biggest problem with lookout is just its massive size and huge volume of water. good luck bank fishing I dont like to bait the bottom or cast a lure into the ocean so I take my boat and troll away.

Ya I know been trying get my boat back in shape after many years sitting mostly just trying get motor running right again as the boats alluminum till then I'm bank bound:(

C
ChezJfrey
usmc-recon said:
Carp or not it dosent really matter their bolth trash fish and will be delt like such each and every time I catch them oh wise one. Oh I'm sorry i am a bit rusty was buizy serving my country and lost my edge yes I said "I" if you couldn't figure out I ment that's my understanding. Oh and NOPE "no license required as long as its not for human consumption" you must of mist the part that was described as CRAB/crawfish bait in your rant of fury so exscuse me for confusing the too TRASH fish so leave your attitude at home with your lunchbox! I spose you c&r pike minnows too lol

Rant of fury or no, unless your regulations were issued as, 2011 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations Just For usmc-recon, Drew looks to be correct:

General Restrictions:

3. Sale or purchase of fish or shellfish, or parts thereof, which have been taken for personal use. Except the skeletal remains of ocean food fish may be sold; and eggs from ocean-caught salmon may be sold to a licensed wholesale fish or bait dealer.

Nothing about non-human consumption...just personal use. Using as bait would be personal use, so it appears to indeed be illegal to sell them as bait. Maybe you should be packing those regs in YOUR lunchbox and review them over a sandwich or two...

U
usmc-recon
ChezJfrey said:
Rant of fury or no, unless your regulations were issued as, 2011 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations Just For usmc-recon, Drew looks to be correct:

General Restrictions:

3. Sale or purchase of fish or shellfish, or parts thereof, which have been taken for personal use. Except the skeletal remains of ocean food fish may be sold; and eggs from ocean-caught salmon may be sold to a licensed wholesale fish or bait dealer.

Nothing about non-human consumption...just personal use. Using as bait would be personal use, so it appears to indeed be illegal to sell them as bait. Maybe you should be packing those regs in YOUR lunchbox and review them over a sandwich or two...

Well that's subject to interpitation now isn't it yes you can sell them as per warden as long as they are considered a neusence trash fish such as northern pike minnows ect. So its much better to through them on bank or back in water after killing them? Or should I let them go Ya that's not going to happen so yes you stand corrected as far as a lunchbox well that's just funny considering the source.:naughty:

D
Drew9870
usmc-recon said:
Well that's subject to interpitation now isn't it yes you can sell them as per warden as long as they are considered a neusence trash fish such as northern pike minnows ect. So its much better to through them on bank or back in water after killing them? Or should I let them go Ya that's not going to happen so yes you stand corrected as far as a lunchbox well that's just funny considering the source.:naughty:

It is illegal to dispose of fish or fish parts in Oregon waters, it is also illegal to waste fish, like pops always told me, ignorance is no excuse for the law. You will make no difference in the population of "trash fish", you wil only make room for the others to have more food source = them getting bigger = them producing more offspring, you would have to harvest them using commercial methods to make a difference.

Sounds like you only get enjoyment out of catching what you can eat, there are people that actually enjoy getting a tug on their line and at the same time having respect for other life. But hey, I'm just a kid who doesn't have a clue huh? Oh, times up, need to pack up the lunch box with my PB&J and a juice box, maybe even some applesauce :lol:.

U
usmc-recon
Drew9870 said:
It is illegal to dispose of fish or fish parts in Oregon waters, it is also illegal to waste fish, like pops always told me, ignorance is no excuse for the law. You will make no difference in the population of "trash fish", you wil only make room for the others to have more food source = them getting bigger = them producing more offspring, you would have to harvest them using commercial methods to make a difference.

Sounds like you only get enjoyment out of catching what you can eat, there are people that actually enjoy getting a tug on their line and at the same time having respect for other life. But hey, I'm just a kid who doesn't have a clue huh? Oh, times up, need to pack up the lunch box with my PB&J and a juice box, maybe even some applesauce :lol:.

Now this is getting stupid ill keep it simple for those tree hugger vegetarians. Yes I do fish and when I catch a legal usually larger fish I will "kill" harvest whatever you want to call it because I can. Now all you c&r extremist are trash fish endangered probubly safe to say no but I could see how you could think hatchery fish are or the ever declining bass fishery. As far ad value life well I think I'm pretty familiar with that but just keep in mind by weeding out the week in a population the strong survive that applies to fish too. I'm sure ill get more pointless responces that are way off topic but that's fine its just a opinion part of that freedom of speach but the original thread was about the sub standard summer bank fishery at lookout so if your not fished it shut ...........

D
Drew9870
Did somebody say something about pointless responses? I hope that was a joke......

And your opinion doesn't have anything against the facts, you totally rambled off about something else just to have something to say, clearly. How "I" could think the hatchery fish are declining the Bass fishery, I leave that kinda stuff up to the state to worry about, no sense in opinions on these subjects.

Very clear you are a food fisher... Tree hugger hippie? Uh, I actually have a lack in diet of fruits and veggies :lol:, but I do smoke Perique American Spirits :D.....

I don't believe we have a trash fish in our state, can you Wiki that for me? Fishing is supposed to be a sport I thought, go get some Gordons Fish Sticks, they are awesome!

Last edited:
U
usmc-recon
Drew9870 said:
Did somebody say something about pointless responses? I hope that was a joke......

And your opinion doesn't have anything against the facts, you totally rambled off about something else just to have something to say, clearly. How "I" could think the hatchery fish are declining the Bass fishery, I leave that kinda stuff up to the state to worry about, no sense in opinions on these subjects.

Very clear you are a food fisher... Tree hugger hippie? Uh, I actually have a lack in diet of fruits and veggies :lol:, but I do smoke Perique American Spirits :D.....

I don't believe we have a trash fish in our state, can you Wiki that for me? Fishing is supposed to be a sport I thought, go get some Gordons Fish Sticks, they are awesome!

Do your homework yes we do have trash fish their called invasive species oh wise one. Even the odfw list several. Ok ill make it lil easier for you remember diamond lake have you even herd of it. Thi chub. Google it. Its interesting to say disposing of fish ... and regs states that but go ahead call odfw ask them if you should release invasive species they will tell you to "kill" them and through them in lake for the birds. Let me guess you don't hunt eather. Hippie

D
Drew9870
Wow, someone needs to grow up. Yes, I hunt. You want to resort to name-calling, Mr. Nobody knows what combat is even thought they were referring to combat fishing :lol:, you and your comments are just jokes, and I take no offense from jokes :lol:, USMC-Joker.

Hippie, :lol:, nobody looks up to those that belittle, you can't even type in English hardly, somebody dropped out or payed no attention :lol:, I graduated early thank you very much, I'd rather be a hippie than a PUNK who talks crap, I'm just a kid, I'll never know as much as you.

BTW, lunch box is packed, I figured a 6-pack would give me the necessary Proteins, Amino Acids, and Carbohyrates, cuz I'm a hippie, and I pay attention to all that crap in my diet.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
You actually have no idea who I am in the first place, so you have no right to talk smack. I'll leave this thread back to you, I am having too much fun with your complete ignorance, you no doubt get enjoyment out of hearing yourself. I have too many posts providing information, and I have gone a long time without getting in a heated debate, better off trying to keep the best Reputation I can.

As far as doing my homework, I believe I have been pursuing a goal of becoming a Fish Biologist sometime in my life, have a pretty damn good clue of what has been/is in Oregon's waters down to the 'T'.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsteel
T
TTFishon
Now, now kids....can't we just get along. :lol: Personally, I think any fish can be a trash fish. They become trash once they are killed and left on the bank or in the water to rot. Then the fish is truly trash.

Carp are what you make them. I'd be happy to catch a carp. If it wasn't for those carp, they're actually suckers, you probably wouldn't have caught anything. If want to catch some trout go fish where the Willamette enters the lake.

U
usmc-recon
Allright ok I apologise for sounding a bit opinionated and making off the cuff remarks ill admit it was vulgor and lacked a bit of appriciation for other opinions I'm man enouph to admit that. The whole kid stuff was dumb in retrospect. Now whats not apriciated is devaluing mine to make your case. Ya and my spell check sucks a..... lol anyway enouph bs take care everyone that's kicking back in amusement ill try figure out the whole combat fishing thing guess I wasent trained for that fight. Good luck gents hope Ya catch a trouphy! Peace

B
bigfootfish
Thuggin4Life said:
I neve had good luck bank fishing any of the local reservoirs. I do however have great luck ussing my boat. sometimes its trickery than others once the lake is full and the water temp shoots up. I have heard many rumors for the lake this is what i know... here are big trout and landlocked chinook salmon in the lake to be caught but ussually most of us just get the small ones. I seem to get into the slightly bigger than average trout but i have my local trolling methods down to a science. there are bass to be had along with crappie and i would asume some gills. walleye yes but very rare and then the everage bottom fish. If you pulled a carp out of there it wouldn't suprise me. can't wait for the lake to receded and the temp to drop. hopefully im not to busy salmon fishing to miss out on the fall trout action in the receding local reservoirs. the biggest problem with lookout is just its massive size and huge volume of water. good luck bank fishing I dont like to bait the bottom or cast a lure into the ocean so I take my boat and troll away.

Wow. Serious about not catching fish from the bank, T4L? That's amazing.

B
bigfootfish
The owner of the tackle shop in Oakridge told me where to fish Lookout for walleye, and what to use, and where to use it. Think I'll start a thread with this idea so as not to hijack this thread.

T
Thuggin4Life
bigfootfish said:
Wow. Serious about not catching fish from the bank, T4L? That's amazing.

yeah its just not my cup off tee. I guess I could Chase a stocker truck and bank fish will all the monkeys. I do own a boat though and trolling is way to easy to not do it.