My buddy's first steelhead

S
Sage_Flyguy
We kind of got a late start Friday. Drove down to Lake Creek and worked over some water down lower in the river. We got to a boat launch just a couple minutes before some guy came down in his drift boat, he banked it then starting walking up the road. We left the boat launch , picked the guy up to give him a ride back up to his truck. This turned out to be the best decision we made all day on the river, he was a local and thankful for us giving him a ride he steered us in the right direction for bank fishing.

We drop him off and then decided to fish where his truck was parked. There were only two other people there and steelhead jumping looked like the perfect place to us. I drifted a yarn ball, first cast THUMP and I missed it. My buddy Eric tried jigs, pink worms nothing. Then he switched to a spoon, couple casts later FISH ON!!!!

It was awesome I love watching people catch their first steelhead. The best part was right before he hooked it about five or six other people showed up, so he had a cheering section. I jumped in the water helped him get it up on shore. From the adrenaline his hands were so shaky he could barely fill out his tag. What an awesome trip.

• IMG_20140228_130659_233.jpg
Reactions: eugene1 and Admin
M
mikeee2362
That's awesome!! I know that feeling!!great post!

B
brewer
The "hands shaking so much you can't fill out the tag" is the best. Glad you guys had a good day.

E
eugene1
Nice looking steelie for your buddy.

Awesome,

K
Knot Fishing Sober
Super cool! Can't wait to have that hand shaking excitement for my first time! Thanks for sharing!

D
DYJ
Great story... Every year I look back at my tag and it looks like I find a 3 year old to fill it out for me, after every fish. Only Salmon and Steelhead leave me with the shakes anymore...

F
fishingfool
still trying to get that feeling lol but nice steely

S
steelhead_slayer
nice work

J
JeannaJigs
Great first fish, and sunshine, what? I work all night and sleep all day so I didn't even realize its been sunny lol