The casket update!

Gunga
Gunga
So the other day i got my boat over to my place and started working on it yesterday. I first took off the transom which is in utter disrepair! I had to snap a good number of bolts that were nothing but complete rust. But more than half were stainless steel that were in almost perfect condition so im keeping those. I then took off the oar locks and other old equipment. that was yeasterday. today i worked on sanding my transom and the port side of the hull and i hot a lot of that side done granted i only worked an hour and a half before it got dark. It was cool to see the old paint that was under the nasty green paint. As you can see from the pics the old design was stars and stripes. The progress is coming along good.

• DSCN5241.jpg
  • DSCN5252.jpg
  • DSCN5248.jpg
  • DSCN5243.jpg
  • DSCN5256.jpg
  • DSCN5259.jpg
  • DSCN5244.jpg
  • DSCN5253.jpg
  • DSCN5261.jpg
  • DSCN5257.jpg
I
idahojeff
I like the stars and stripes...you going to keep em?

Gunga
Gunga
I was thinking that it would be cool to keep the stars and stripes but i have decided to fiberglass the whole bottem. But if i feel ambitious enough i might add them back on or a different version of em.

H
hvacr1
Since you have a wooden boat I would replace all of the fasteners including the stainless ones you have with silicon bronze. They will outlast stainless any day. Also a tip if you didn't already know, remove any of the phillips head screws and install square drives screws. just my 2 cents.

Last edited: